Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Cross Channel Analytics Internship - Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 435512BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Online Date posted 03/20/2017
Within CIMA, the Digital & Travel Operations Analytics (DTOA) department provides decision support for leaders throughout Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Specifically, the Cross Channel Analytics team identifies and links the Guests interaction with Disney throughout their entire vacation life cycle. The position reports to the Cross Channel Analytics Manager.
ResponsibilitiesThe Cross Channel Intern must be detail-oriented. He/she acts as a key advocate of data and the significant benefits it can drive throughout the organization. The person must be comfortable working with partners, especially within the CIMA organization amongst others, preparing reports, conducting analyses, and communicating insights throughout the segment.
The Intern’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Work with business partners to determine needs and requirements
- Identify and document data requirements to support both ongoing and ad hoc analysis
- Learn new data sets to become subject matter expert
- Partner with Data Services team to document and automate data processes
Data Analysis and Insights
- Develop models and forecasts to answer variety of business questions
- QA data to ensure accuracy
- Analyze and mine data to find opportunities
- Undertake proactive and reactive ad-hoc requests as needed
- Make business recommendations based on findings
- Design impactful reports and visualizations for both large and small scale distribution
- Create presentations to highlight recommendations and story-telling
- Ensure partners understand analysis
- Familiar with statistical tools (R, SAS, etc), with demonstrated ability to apply statistical methods to answer business questions
- Proficient in SQL
- Comfortable with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced complex business environment
- Unwavering dedication and results-driven determination
- Ability to develop clear and concise thoughts into proposals, recommendations, and findings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Exposure to omni-channel data
- Familiar with tools to mine big data (i.e. Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Knowledge of Disney business and culture
Required EducationBachelor’s degree senior by credits or recent grad in an analytical/quantitative field – e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, engineering, etc.
Preferred EducationMaster’s degree (completed or enrolled) in an analytical/quantitative field – e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, engineering, etc.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability for length of program
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.