Culinary Cook 1 (Advanced Line Cook)-FT - $1,500 HIRING BONUSApply NowApply Later Job ID 1002885BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 01, 2022
Culinary Cook 1 roles receive a starting rate of $19.00/hourly.
LIMITED TIME $1,500 HIRING BONUS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL October 1, 2022
$1500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to April 3, 2022 or after October 1, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
- Prepare dishes from scratch for a variety of locations throughout our restaurants while encompassing a diverse offering of cuisines
- Work cleanly and safety with in culinary and food preparation
- Follow recipes and an understanding of recipe conversion
- Proficiency in stations of the line, including grill and sauté, and skills with knives, tools and kitchen equipment
- Learn and develop alongside our culinary team
Basic Qualifications:Recipe for Success
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Two (2) years of line cook experience; including grill and sauté or a culinary certificate and One (1) year of line cook experience including grill and sauté
- Knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling techniques, temperatures and food safety
- Knowledge of basic butchering, food allergies, seasonal ingredients and menus
- Knowledge of modern and classical cooking, including specialized culinary techniques and measurements, and can propose menu items
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged standing and walking long distances throughout the Resort in indoor and outdoor settings
- Full-time requires full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required.
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
Preferred Qualifications:How to Rise Above the Rest
- Bilingual preferred
- H.A.C.C.P. (food safety training) certified
Additional Information!:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, wdwcasting, Chef Assistant, Culinary, Lead Line Cook WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.