Designer - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 860499BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 10, 2021
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
Design and create original innovative book product concepts that speak to the Disney consumer, creating dynamic products within our core franchise brands. This position will play a role in designing for the assigned TWDC brands, which includes all forms of front list trade and global titles.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing
Graphic design experience, preferably in trade book publishing. He/she should be able to offer unique design solutions to a wide range of projects. The ideal candidate would be organized, able to prioritize his/her own workload, and skilled at collaborating with editors, illustrators, freelancers, and other departments in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
- Create complex mechanicals for in-house review and for printers to produce. The Designer must be able to review proofs, approving lead title jackets on press and create digital images for sales, marketing and publicity.
- Create special design projects such as “instant” logos needed for presentations/decks or key acquisition/offer letters.
- Create compelling design concepts across multiple franchises
- Manage and design a franchise assortment of formats with cohesive theme
- Create and execute concept design to final production ready files.
- Collaborate with editorial and art teams, AND manage all aspects of design (such as design layout and typography)
- Work independently and/or oversee more junior designers to ensure key dates are met with completed deliverables.
- May manage a staff and give guidance to more junior-level designers on team and/or working with additional designers on the same franchise
- Communicate and work fluidly with internal design team as well as take on management of external freelance artists and designers.
- May take on complex design projects and own holistically.
- Book design experience
- Proven talent in creating innovative book design, appreciation of typography, layout, composition, and color
- Solid computer design skills: proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Broad knowledge of print production
- Related work experience
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- BA / BS in related field (design, arts, or graphic design)
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.