Director, Core Systems & PlatformsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10041643 Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 08, 2023
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
This role is part of the Core Systems and Platforms (CSP) Engineering organization. We provide business focused technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
We are responsible for advancing the Enterprise Technology Strategy through the successful delivery of IT solutions delivering business value to our internal customer organizations.
The Director CSP is responsible for leading a group of IT professionals to manage and deliver a portfolio of products, via large scale programs and smaller sub-projects, in support of major Enterprise Platforms (e.g., Identity and Access Management).
- Accountable for delivery of large-scale, complex technology products, implementing via programs and sub-projects
- Serves as the central point for product plan, design, development, integration, quality assurance, cybersecurity compliance, and future enhancement
- Accountable for IAM product lifecycle planning & management
- Defines the overall technical roadmaps for IAM products and identifies how the team needs to maintain, adjust or evolve to support planned direction
- Responsible for defining program implementation roadmap & developing the related execution plan, and leading large programs of work consisting of solution architects, product and engineering (S/W) teams, program managers, and project managers
- Develops strategy and provide leadership role in IT outsourcing/insourcing activities including RFPs, evaluating pricing and technology solutions offerings
- Partners with IT peer organizations, vendors and business/operations teams in support of implementing a major suite of enterprise products and aligned change enablement practices.
- Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Develops, manages, and controls program expenditures against the program operating expense and capital budgets
- Stays abreast of existing and emerging IT and industry trends and relevant business developments associated with current and new technologies
- Interfaces with key partners and vendors, ensuring they understand product roadmap, as well as program and project deliverables, meet timing, and cost deadlines, and collaborate with internal project stakeholders while augmenting internal team resources
- Works to drive and implement best practices across all platforms, digital innovation, process automation, and emerging technologies that fit business requirements
- Communicates successes supported by metrics/KPIs illustrating the business value of IT solutions
- Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Assess the underlying information and technology environment within the organization making recommendations regarding how to invest in and apply best practices and innovative technology while achieving long-term scalability, reducing operational costs, better supporting business processes, and driving change management within the organization.
- Responsible for managing and mentoring a team of direct reports by providing career path conversations and guidance, and helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans
Skills & Key Attributes
- A passion for developing, coaching, and mentoring; strong in hiring, team building and organizational development
- Develop and maintain relationships with leadership across functions and segments
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Strong consensus-building ability and negotiating skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, including ability to manage multiple project resources, with extensive project planning and execution skills
- Flexible and adaptable; able to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Possess an orientation for results and excellence, inspire confidence and demonstrate conceptual and analytical thinking, initiative and flexibility
- Management and execution skills to deliver and operate enterprise services on time, on budget and with reliable quality
- 8+ years of relevant experience developing and implementing roadmaps for technology products, including planning, leading, and executing of large programs and multiple, simultaneous, medium to large complexity IT projects within the scope of assigned products
- Experience leading, managing, and motivating large, matrixed project teams including architects, developers, operations, PMs, business analysts, and vendor partners
- Experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency through the implementation of technology
- Experience managing program, project and team budget and financials
- Experience with Security and Compliance
- Experience building and managing high-performance and highly motivated teams
- Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments
- In-depth knowledge of common enterprise IT platforms, products, systems and related integrations in order to communicate effectively about technical aspects of programs and projects
- Broad understanding and background in identity and access management (IAM) tools and technologies, cybersecurity, and IT service delivery are preferred for this role.
Experience - Preferred:
- Significant experience in Enterprise-wide change management/change enablement
- Certifications: Project and Agile Methodologies (e.g., PMP, CSPO, CSM, SAFe), Business Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Change Management (PROSCI)
Education - Required:
BS Computer Science or related technology field
Education - Preferred:
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, MS Computer Science, or relevant technology field
The hiring range for this position in California is $198,932 to $266,860 per year and in Washington is $208,362 to $279,510 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.