Director, Licensing, Hardlines, Marvel and 20th Century StudiosApply NowApply Later Job ID 889722BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 19, 2021
The Director is responsible for leading Marvel and 20th Century’s hardlines business and developing strategic licensee partnerships (including several global licensees) to grow the overall hardlines licensing business. The Director ensures that consumer products programs are developed for content and marketing events, new consumer trends, and lifestyle brand initiatives – and that revenue goals are achieved.
- Develop strategic growth opportunities for hardlines categories
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to the hardlines team
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other key business units and regional partners that result in new business and/or cross-promotional opportunities
- Finance and Business Planning:
- Develop and present annual operating plans
- Present quarterly revenue forecasts and business insights to management
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities and strategize toward building incremental business
- Set team objectives and priorities to ensure financial success
- Licensee and Category Management:
- Provide business vision and leadership and set strategic direction for hardlines categories
- Lead relationship with several global licensees including long term deal negotiation, and develop long term strategies and growth plans aligned with consumer, retailer and region team needs
- Identify growth opportunities including bringing on board new partners where necessary
- Lead complex deal negotiations and coach team to finalize license agreements
- Research & understand the competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer, and industry needs
- Develop and lead the strategy development for internal and external retail presentations and product line reviews
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other key business units, franchise teams and global partners which can result in new business opportunities
- Retail, Sales and Marketing:
- Create retail strategies and identify ways to expand retail presence
- Provide product and licensee information to the retail and marketing teams to support retail meetings and presentations
- Inform and guide licensees in the execution of marketing initiatives
- Ensure licensee participation in retailer promotional and marketing plans
- Proactively engage internal Marketing, Communications and Social Media teams to drive awareness of product lines
- Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retail sales performance of key licensees and programs
- Expertise in brand licensing, retail development, and category management – experience with Action Figures and Collector products a plus
- Proven team management and leadership skills; able to lead change and adaptable
- Strong relationship building skills; able to collaborate, influence, and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to drive a vision with commercial results
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline 10+ yrs. of directly related experience or Masters +7 yrs. experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.