Disney College ProgramApply NowApply Later Job ID 1069073BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 22, 2023
Our Program: Magic is Within You
As a Disney College Program participant at the Walt Disney World® Resort, you will become part of the magic that is known worldwide, gain experience working in a front-line role at our parks and resorts, and have the opportunity to participate in uniquely Disney experiences and activities created just for Disney Programs participants.
This unique program spans four to seven months (with opportunities to extend up to one year), and allows participants to network with professionals throughout The Walt Disney Company, take part in Learning and Career Development Sessions, and live and work with people from all over the world. While you work in your role, you will build transferable skills such as problem solving, teamwork, guest service, and effective communication.
The program is also a great way to discover what you’re passionate about and learn about opportunities to further your education through continued employment at Walt Disney World Resort. Upon successful completion of your program, you may be eligible for full-time and part-time opportunities at the Walt Disney World Resort. Part-time and full-time cast members may receive additional benefits such as Disney Aspire, an educational investment program that covers 100% of tuition for skilled trades, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees.
Upon accepting an offer, you would be able to live at Flamingo Crossings Village for the duration of your Program. This new community features apartments equipped with a full-sized washer and dryer, bedroom and living room furniture, and a flat screen TV. Plus, the community includes additional amenities like a 12,500 sq. ft. fitness center, quiet spaces to study, resort-style pools, and bus transportation to and from our parks and resorts.
We are recruiting for program arrival dates between May 2023 and October 2023. Departure dates will begin no earlier than January 2024. Individual program lengths will vary.
For full list of potential dates for this Program, Click Here.
If you are selected to participate, you will select your arrival and departure dates as part of the acceptance process.
All dates above are subject to change.
Selected candidates will be invited to a 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter.
Basic Qualifications:Your Program Role
During this exciting program, you must be willing to work quickly and efficiently while exhibiting exceptional service standards resulting in meaningful interactions with our guests. Your ability to successfully demonstrate flexibility is critical, as you may be placed and moved into any location across the Walt Disney World® Resort property based on operational need.
Your location and role assignment will be provided no later than one (1) week prior to your scheduled arrival date upon delivery of your individualized itinerary. For more about the roles to which you may be assigned, Click Here.
Opportunities are available for students who meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited *United States college, university, or higher education program OR have graduated from an accredited *United States college, university, or higher education program within 24 months of the application posting date
- Must have completed at least one semester at an accredited *United States college, university, or higher education program by time of program arrival
- Meet any individual school requirements (GPA, grade level, etc.), if applicable
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Be receptive to Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Possess unrestricted *United States work authorization for the duration of the program (Disney does not sponsor visas for the Disney College Program.)
- Be receptive to a starting rate of $14 per hour
- Be fully available to work Sunday through Saturday, including days and nights, holidays, and overtime
- Be receptive to exposure to outside elements including heat and/or humidity, cold temperatures, wet conditions, and prolonged standing/walking
- Be willing to follow all cleaning and disinfecting procedures in the work area including handling cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional personal protective equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Former Disney College Program participants must not arrive less than four (4) months after their last departure date.
Detailed eligibility requirements can be found Here.
Candidates who receive an offer will be required to pay a non-refundable Program Participation Fee within 7-days of their program offer date. A non-refundable Housing Fee is then due six weeks prior to arrival date for participants utilizing onsite housing at Flamingo Crossings Village.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.