Already applied?View Dashboard
Disney Institute Program Assistant Internship - Summer/Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 625508BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Jan. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Institute Program Assistant Internship - Summer/Fall 2019
Disney Institute is a recognized leader in providing engaging experiences that help business professionals and
organizations around the world enhance their customer experience. As a global leader in the development of
customer service, leadership excellence, and employee engagement learning, we impact people and organizations
by using Disney principles to build a bridge from insight to action for participants from virtually every industry, so that
they can think differently about their business or organization.
Make an Impact by…
- Providing logistics support for professional development programs and advisory services engagements. Which can be held throughout the WDW Resort; including Disney Owned and Operated, Theme Parks and Official Third Party Hotel locations on property.
- Traveling to a non-Disney locations to support private client engagements
- Transport materials, set-up classroom/learning environments, and partner with convention services team while a program is in progress
- Performing as a liaison between guests/clients, DI Cast, and other Disney Stakeholders
What you Bring to the role...
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated strong follow-up and coordination skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong Guest service skills
- Ability to lift supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience organizing and hosting events
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program
Required EducationJunior, senior or recent graduate pursuing a degree in Event Management, Business, Education or closely related field
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship based in Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Business Productions LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Disney Business Productions LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.