Editor - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 861105BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
The ideal candidate must have editorial experience in children’s books, an interest in Disney portfolios, and an awareness of current children’s book trends. The candidate must have exceptional writing skills, excellent author- and agent-care skills, and project-management experience, including managing freelance writers. The role will lead up to 1 film program per year or lead the publishing plan creation of 15-20 titles for an ongoing franchise per year or a combination of both.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing
- Brainstorm new stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats as needed
- Hire writers and contribute to building up high-quality writer pool
- Edit books that target a variety of ages including board books, picture books, classic storybook art pools, chapter books, middle grade, YA, and coloring & activity pools
- Manage creation of spot art pools, cover pools, design guidelines, toolkits, and/or editorial guidelines
- Review all global and vertical book titles and covers created for your program or franchise
- Attend filmmaker, studio, or brand meetings for editorial and art reviews as needed
- Attend production meetings and additional team meetings as needed
- Partner with editorial team to brainstorm global publishing plans across licensees and within Disney Publishing Group
- Prepare P&Ls, create ISBNs, write fact sheets and metadata, and attend acquisitions for vertical titles
- Plan for quarterly solicitations
- Work with senior editors, licensing, and global operations to confirm book titles
- Prepare presentations for internal and global meetings
- Present publishing plans as necessary both internally and externally
- Review, approve, and/or comment on online publishing planning for your film program or franchise
- Review, approve, and/or comment on North America titles, covers, and/or marketing/sales information in OPA for your film program or franchise.
- Manage the review of Global titles, covers, and/or marketing/sales information in OPA for your film program or franchise
- Minimum 4-5 years publishing experience that demonstrates increasing editorial responsibility
- Strong skills in editing children’s books and understanding of copyediting skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to take overall responsibility for concept, content, and author and illustrator relationships including seeing new titles through all stages of editing, managing schedules, collaborating with design and production
- Knowledge of publishing process and formats required
- Familiarity with TWDC brands and licensed publishing a plus
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.