Already applied?View Dashboard
Electrical Superintendent (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 647145BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Superintendent with electrical focus, responsible for supervising and coordinating all on-site construction activities through installation on a project or multiple projects. Monitors quality and safety in the field. Provides technical expertise and ensures work in place meets quality requirements of contract documents, applicable codes and Disney standards. Coordinates interface with contractors, operations, vendors and governmental agencies.
- Supervises and coordinates on-site construction activities.
- Takes the lead on ensuring Walt Disney Attractions quality in the field.
- Manages the safety program in close coordination with Walt Disney Attractions Safety.
- Arbitrates on-site conflicts between contractors.
- Provides constructability analysis and value engineering recommendations.
- Identifies and monitors applicable points of coordination at multiple levels.
- Assures contractor compliance and contract drawings and specifications.
- Prepares site logistics plan.
- Set up staging field location, coordinate with Walt Disney Attractions operations as applicable.
- Verify existing site conditions against design documents.
- Ensure work in place meets quality requirements of contract documents, applicable codes and Disney standards.
- Review and approve contractor’s project schedule.
- Review and monitor project schedule including 3-week look ahead schedules. Provide evaluation to the appropriate person.
- Prepare daily log of contractor work activities and compare against contractor’s daily reports. Track personnel on site, equipment used and progress.
- Coordinate site access and interface with contractor(s), operations, vendors and governmental agencies. Elevate issues to Construction Manager as appropriate.
- Monitor “testing agency” activities and ensure proper coverage on site as required.
- Coordinates with CM and design team, reviews submittals and site delivered materials for compliance to contract documents.
- Ensure coordination between facility departments (Walt Disney Imagineering & Walt Disney Attractions).
- Minimum of 3 years job related field experience in applicable site development (attractions, commercial, retail, or resort development projects). Strong emphasis in mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, contractors and field personnel, consultants and operator.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on a complex construction site.
- Ability to provide technical expertise in construction activities to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Ability to build and foster strong working relationships with contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, to achieve successful completion of projects, on time, under budget, and to client quality expectations.
- Conflict management ability.
- Ability to manage multiple relationships and personalities.
- Ability to manage the situation appropriate to different individuals.
- Candidate must possess and conduct herself / himself with the highest level of respect and professionalism. Project environment is extremely diverse and requires a strong depth of character & social excellence. Projects are highly dynamic and ever-changing coupled with required daily interface (1:1) with Walt Disney World Operations, Walt Disney World Engineering Services, & Regulatory Agencies, etc.
Required EducationHigh school degree or equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.