Event Changeover Support (Casual Temporary/Seasonal)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 864207BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 01/12/2022
As a member of the Event Changeover Support team you would be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Assembling, setting and striking equipment for sporting events at ESPN Wide World of Sports
- Ensuring all planned and unplanned equipment needs are met
- Ensuring all equipment is properly handled, installed, struck, packaged for transport and all playing surfaces are protected
- Must work all Run Disney Events throughout the year.
Basic QualificationsWhat We're Looking For:
- Ability to obtain Forklift (PIT) certification
- Ability to utilize hand tools
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workload and complete work with little guidance
- Knowledge of a Guest/Client focused, event driven business
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A solid commitment and understanding of the importance of both cast and guest Safety
- A sense of urgency along with the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing environments
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines or responding to unplanned needs
- Must possess a valid US Driver License
- High School diploma or equivalent
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.