Executive Director, Digital Experience Engineering
Orlando, Florida, United States; Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 837673BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 07, 2021
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives our competitive advantage by enhancing consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence. Enterprise Technology is guided by the principles of being service focused and collaborative, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage of TWDC scale and through continuous improvement.
The Digital Experience organization is responsible for understanding and innovating on new ways of working, having a broad focus on employee experience and applying user experience principles across the digital landscape. The Executive Director, Digital Experience Engineering will have a deep understanding of Digital Workspace and User Experience market trends and a focus on invention and creativity leading to developing competitive and differentiated offerings/services. Whether they’re in the office, or working remotely, the team is responsible for understanding and innovating on new ways of working.
Responsibilities:The Exec Director, Digital Experience (DX) Engineering leads a team of people leaders and engineers developing engineering methodologies & practices, solution design packages, and working as part of the greater engineering community in Enterprise Technology. Partners closely with Digital Experience Service Management, Deployment, End User & Technical Operations, along with technology leaders and business partners across the company providing strategy and direction for all Digital Experience Engineering activities. The Exec Director is responsible for the team of Engineers who evaluate service strategy and business requirements to develop and execute solution designs for the enterprise and segment initiatives in the business areas. They develop strategies and timelines, and partner with the business with the decision-making process to support Digital Experience initiatives. The Exec Director will provide strong leadership, interact with all segment partners and will manage, coach and mentor the team.
This role will ensure engineering solution, process and procedural consistency with a goal to standardize and simplify across the DX Service Portfolio. This Exec Director must have a deep understanding of defined architectures, engineered solutions, Enterprise Technology processes, excellent communication and project management skills and will be highly experienced in managing and coaching teams globally. The range of work spans across all segments and geographic regions of the Company. The role will ensure that appropriate visibility and participation occurs in key planning, project related or issue related meetings with Business segments, Corporate Functions and Suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal, business development and communication with a demonstrated ability to work well with engineering, creative and marketing leaders, including the ability to thoughtfully present to senior executives.
- Career management and setting the operational direction for areas of ownership for team
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- 5+ years operating at a Director level or above
- Meet with segment technology leaders, stakeholders, partners, and customers to help solve business problems using new and established technology platforms, tools and methodologies. Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Ensures new technical products and services are evaluated and in alignment with these standards and architectural patterns.
- Identify key platform technology gaps and close them by adoption, buy, or build as appropriate working closely with other engineering and infrastructure leaders and teams in the scoping, evaluation, integration, and adoption of new solutions.
- Ensure proper lifecycle management such as version lifecycle, incident and problem management, support and adoption, and budget management.
- Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions against customer requirements providing buy versus build decision making
- Must be detail oriented, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity
- Sound organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with clear, mature ability to maintain a clam and professional demeanor under pressure.
- Strong ability to modulate style and operate at a low level up to a strategic level
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex, multi-tiered technology environments
- A proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver the technical roadmap(s) by defining a clear vision of desired outcomes tied to business needs.
- Provide strategic expertise and guidance to executive IT leadership and senior service leaders regarding the engineering designs and enterprise strategy for the portfolio of Digital Experience solutions.
- Provide oversight and set strategic direction for solution design packages, engineering engagement, process flows, and reporting standards.
- Maintain and support the Enterprise Technology Policy and Procedure (P&P) program, including continual improvement cycles, multi-supplier impacts, and Disney team coordination
- Oversee teams supporting the day-to-day, cross-functional solution engineering of services, including change management customer advisory boards, service design packaging, management audits, asset lifecycle tracking, and configuration relationship maintenance
- Provide process and procedure management expertise, and develop recommendations for continuous improvement of engineering related activities
- Collaborate with operational leaders throughout Enterprise Technology and the business segments to prioritize activities and operational improvements
Additional Information:Additional Job Requirements:
- 15+ years of professional experience in a computer related department on the specific Digital Experience services
- 10+ years leading an engineering team in highly matrixed IT organization
- 7+ years’ experience defining standards and technology roadmaps for solution engineering for Workplace Services and solutions
- +5+ years operating at a Director level or above
- Advanced IT experience including infrastructure design & implementation, application development, or systems work
- Experience with the management of high value and/or high complexity IT outsourcing contracts, financial analysis, and business risk analysis
- Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and communicating to all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to delegate to/oversee peers and other analysts in completing projects
- Ability to synthesize complex data & recommend/ oversee innovative solutions
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills
- Ability to establish/articulate high-level strategy and focus/ align organization around critical initiatives.
- Proven strategic planning skills with ability to create and direct major change initiatives
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.