Executive Director, Enterprise Technology Strategy
Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 837196BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:The Strategy and Transformation team partners with Business Segments, Functional Leaders, Enterprise Technology teams, and External Partners to create the future state technology vision and oversee the development and implementation of technology strategies and roadmaps for TWDC. The S&T team establishes strong relationships with the Business Segments and Technology teams to understand priorities and industry drivers in order to develop integrated roadmaps that facilitate prioritization of funding and resource allocation to maximize investment value and delivery of key strategic initiatives and programs.
The S&T team is also responsible to establish and lead transformation programs, mergers and acquisitions, and enterprise level technology changes to simplify and streamline delivery and support of technology services, maintain a strong security and compliance posture, support innovation at speed across Business Segments, and increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality of services provided by Enterprise Technology for TWDC enterprise.
- Drive alignment of vision, strategy, technology architecture and product roadmaps across Enterprise Technology
- Build and maintain a team of senior strategists with deep industry experience and strong technical knowledge.
- Partner with senior level executives in the Enterprise and Business Segment Technology teams to define and prioritize technology needs/capabilities and the strategic initiatives and roadmap plan to deliver the technology platforms and solutions to support current and future business needs
- Develop strategic relationships with external partners that support key technology solutions and services. Develop a jointly owned roadmap of capabilities and services (current and future), enterprise level contract and cost management strategies.
- Manage the roadmaps and portfolio of transformation initiatives, balancing investment across a range of criteria (e.g., timeframes, markets, technologies).
- Manage, evolve, and participate in the process by which funding decisions on programs and projects are made in line with strategy and roadmap plans.
- Present to and build relationships with senior level executives and other industry executives to both promote the team’s value and establish a position of trust, fostering continued collaboration with members
- Define, build, and track key performance metrics to measure success and identify and iterate on opportunities for optimization
- 10+ years of experience as a software/systems leadership/consulting, leading technology strategy, roadmap and solutioning across technology stacks
- Demonstrated experience in advocating technology solutions and driving executive alignment
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
- Execution-oriented, and able to complete tasks independently
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization including senior executives
- Strong passion for technology and staying abreast of industry trends
- Effective people management skills, provide direction, set priorities, and deliver coaching to support talent development.
- Proven ability to influence seniors and peers without direct authority; experience leading cross-functional initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Talented facilitator who skillfully leads strategy and planning discussions.
- Self-driven, detail-oriented leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
- Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working “in the gray” while defining the way forward.
- Experience leading Strategy and Roadmap development, Technology solution evaluation, execution of Sourcing processes (RFI, RFQ, RFP) and Financial/Cost Modeling for Technology solutions
- BS Comp Sci/ related technology area or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.