Executive, Service OptimizationApply NowApply Later Job ID 987920BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Lead and oversee all activities for the design, build and transformation of technology solutions and services across multiple technology disciplines for complex programs and strategic service optimization initiatives within Digital Experience.
- Develop and execute detailed technology roadmaps with corresponding implementation plans.
- Collaborate with senior technology leaders and business leaders to develop and execute agreed upon service optimization programs aligned to business goals and designed to maximize business value.
- Engage key stakeholders in major decisions as required and remove roadblocks.
- Perform business unit executive engagement and risk mitigation negotiations.
- Act as point of escalation from the Program team to business partners and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring validation of technical solutions, such as migrating technology solutions and complex environments, and guiding the transformation of business processes through major change.
- Accountable for all aspects of the service optimization programs and ensuring they are delivered on plan and budget.
- Ensure all costs and timelines associated with the buildout of technology for the service optimization initiatives are developed and provide overall Executive ownership and oversight.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop budgets and to provide required supporting documents and narratives to support funding vehicles.
- If required for Enterprise Technology funding vehicles; develop program Project Approval Requests ("PARs") (narratives, proformas), coordinate as required with Finance, circulate documents for comments, amendments, and approvals.
- Compile and update financial tracking for relevant program spending against PARs for funding vehicles.
- Provide quarterly accrual information to Finance as required.
- Responsible for vendor management, Service Level Agreement (SLA) development and management, contract management, and strategic sourcing.
- Facilitate technology discussions, prioritization, and governance to ensure efficient and effective decision-making to remain on track with execution.
- Establish general schedules and priorities for system, programming standards, communications, and other support projects.
- Facilitate development of an overall technology Program plan; create formal workstream project plans based on development efforts and track progress against project plan.
- Chair monthly executive governance and update sessions, bi-weekly program meetings and host weekly activity update sessions. All meetings require pre-meeting preparation to facilitate organized discussions and post meeting sharing and tracking of key decisions and/or actions.
- Create/amend/update overall detailed event calendar and even out overall risk profile as needed.
- Work across technology teams to pull design together, financial, sourcing, identifying and leading resources to include:
- Architecture and Standards
- Data Center and Cloud Services
- Core Systems and Platforms
- Identity and Access Management
- Digital Experience
- End User and Technical Operations
- Corporate Functions
- Business Segment Technology Teams
- Define roles and responsibilities for stakeholders.
- Identify and track risks and develop or facilitate resolution to mitigate.
- 10+ years experience in developing and executing technology roadmaps and driving major transformation programs
- 10+ years of experience leading complex, large scale programs from inception to execution with specific experience in technology and business process optimization
- Recognized technology leader with 10+ of delivering major service optimization initiatives at scale
- Strong team player, skilled at collaborating and comfortable navigating at any level of the organization
- Strong client service orientation with ability to bring a customer-centric perspective to all situations
- Ability to cultivate a culture of openness, transparency, inclusion, and build, maintain, and grow high-performing teams
- Exceptional knowledge of technology strategic planning and capability development with experience implementing technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Strong leadership, influence, and negotiation skills with both business and technical groups
- Proven stakeholder engagement and executive communication skills at the CX level
- Promotes ideas and proposals persuasively; able to work through conflicts to negotiate win/win solutions.
- Provides strategic thought leadership with proven ability to influence and partner with teams.
- Has/establishes clear vision; maintains long-term view; able to foresee and overcome obstacles
- 10+ years of experience as a software/systems leadership/consulting, leading technology strategy, roadmap and solutioning across technology stacks
- Demonstrated experience in advocating technology solutions and driving executive alignment
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
- Execution-oriented, and able to complete tasks independently
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization including senior executives
- Strong passion for technology and staying abreast of industry trends
- Effective people management skills, provide direction, set priorities, and deliver coaching to support talent development.
- Proven ability to influence seniors and peers without direct authority; experience leading cross-functional initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Talented facilitator who skillfully leads strategy and planning discussions.
- Self-driven, detail-oriented leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
- Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working “in the gray” while defining the way forward.
- Experience leading Strategy and Roadmap development, Technology solution evaluation, execution of Sourcing processes (RFI, RFQ, RFP) and Financial/Cost Modeling for Technology solutions
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.