Facilities Maintenance Engineering ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715600BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 06, 2019
Our Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager keeps the mechanical and electrical systems humming at our legendary resorts. You would join a dynamic team that takes immense pride in knowing that your work directly contributes to the joy our Guests feel when they stay at our hotels and eat at our restaurants. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
The Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager reports to the Manager-Engineering Services and leads up to 20 team members.
Responsibilities:Disney’s Facilities Maintenance Engineering Managers keep our hotels and restaurants in perfect order so our Guests can enjoy every moment they spend with us. That means that our Managers need to be familiar with plumbing, HVAC, kitchen mechanics, concrete, welding, painting and carpentry, not to mention every kind of motor that could possibly be found in a resort or restaurant. The Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager leads a dynamic team of professionals who have the know-how to keep it all running.
Every day as a Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager is different! On any given day, you might:
- Inspire your team of up to 15-20 union/non-union cast members to give their very best, every day;
- Be a problem-solver when a solution isn’t readily available;
- Interact directly with our Guests;
- Pool the collective knowledge of the experts around you, but then have the confidence in your skills and experience to “make the right call” once all the facts are in;
- Work with outside vendors obtain proposals for work our own team cannot handle, then manage their output;
- Put your communication skills to use by creating concise, clearly written incident reports that will be referenced by your peers and leaders;
- Meet with partners in areas such as housekeeping, front desk, recreation and back-of-house to understand their needs and provide them with excellent service;
- Bend, duck, carry things and walk up to five miles per shift – this is an active job, and our resorts and restaurants are essentially your office;
- Maintain and improve preparedness for things like extreme weather or earthquakes;
- Manage union contracts, balance staffing among the shifts, schedule vacations and monitor payroll;
- Take advantage of learning opportunities offered by the company – Disney wants you to grow personally and professionally; and
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- 5+ years of experience in facilities and/or kitchen maintenance;
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and hold team members accountable for their performance;
- Passion for coaching and mentoring teammates and partnering with peers and leaders;
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and in person, with people on all levels of the organization;
- Organized, systematic approach to problem-solving;
- Often work outdoors in all weather conditions, and handle the physical rigors of the job;
- Proficiency with Windows applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Well-developed organizational and time-management skills;
- Willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends and varying shifts, as needed;
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also had:
- Leadership experience in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of Maximo.
- BA or BS degree
- BA or BS degree in engineering or a technical discipline
Additional Information:We greatly value service in any of the US Armed Forces.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.