Facilities Operational Services Job Event -Laundry System Mech 1/24/22Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 914012BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 01/13/2022
The Laundry System Mechanic is more than just a modern day electronic technician. They are responsible for repair, modification, and rebuilding of all laundry system equipment. The Laundry System Mechanic is expected to have a strong working knowledge of electrical and electronic laundry devices and the ability to troubleshoot the equipment. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of laundry systems
- Utilize a variety of testing equipment for troubleshooting of equipment and systems to the board level
- Rebuild pumps, valves, and regulators
- This position requires a one-year minimum commitment
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in the electrical field
- Must have an understanding of steam and hot oil thermal systems
- Proficient in troubleshooting electrical, electronic and pneumatic controls
- Experience with PLCs, relay logic and ladder logic
- Ability to pass a technical proficiency test
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and schematics
- The ability to perform fault isolation and repair failed systems
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Journeyman license
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.