Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 960564BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 20, 2022
Typical responsibilities of a Financial Reporting Analyst include reviewing and posting of monthly and weekly rent revenue entries prepared by associates, review of lease agreements to ensure accurate calculation of rent, preparation of monthly account reconciliations and other projects as assigned by Management.
- Review and post monthly and weekly rent entries prepared by the Senior Accounting Associates
- Review lease agreements and tenant calculation worksheets to ensure proper calculation of percentage rent
- Aid in the research and resolution of tenant billing disputes
- Develop and present monthly Operating Participant presentation to the team’s leader
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Act as a mentor and aid in the development of Senior Accounting Associates
- Prepare month-end close journal entries
- Provide month-end variance explanations to the Financial Reporting team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 0-2 years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of general accounting, internal controls and close process
- Ability to prepare and present information to support decision making
- Strong analytical and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Core fundamental knowledge required to assess reasonableness of business partners variance explanations
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Master of Accountancy or MBA
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and handle multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and provides solutions
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment
- CPA Preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.