Financial Reporting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 916452BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 12, 2022
This position requires a professional that is highly motivated and a self starter. This individual must be able to develop professional relationships with various business partners, analyze and decipher accounting data to accurately review the department’s reporting obligations. He/she must be able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvements. In addition, he/she must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and deadlines. This is an exciting opportunity for a top accounting professional to utilize their expertise in a challenging, rewarding, and creative environment while gaining valuable experience in a unique and highly visible role.
- Consolidate various Segment financial schedules to support both internal and external reporting
- Perform financial analysis of data reported and created in SAP
- Design and drive innovative new initiatives to increase efficiency and quality of financial reporting and controls throughout the segment and controllership
- Provide overall support to the team
- Synthesize research and findings into concise presentations
- Perform ad hoc projects and routine financial reporting
- 1-3 years experience
- Demonstrated strong understanding of US GAAP Financial Statements
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
- Demonstrated partnering, influencing, and communication skills up and down the organizational structure to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
- Proven computer proficiency in Excel
- Extensive experience with SAP or other Enterprise accounting systems
- Experience with consolidation of financial results
Required EducationBachelors degree in accounting or finance
Preferred EducationMBA, CPA, or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.