Financial Systems Manager (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 715327BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
The Financial Systems Manager (Project Hire- 12 month assignment) supports the communication, training, and change management processes for defined projects related to the company’s current and future financial systems. Your key focus will be to develop and execute detailed training and communication plans and partner with project team members to align and integrate these plans with the overall project, while ensuring that they will meet the business needs and objectives culminating in the ultimate successful adoption of the defined project objectives. This may also include documenting the current vs future state changes and building a comprehensive change management plan that addresses all constituent needs and incorporating those into the detailed level training and communication plans.
This role will have accountability to develop & complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner ensuring that all information is documented comprehensively. You will also be responsible for timely communication with project and program leadership.
As the ideal candidate, you must have change management, communications and training experience with projects at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit level, and have demonstrated ability to learn new systems and processes. You would have experience with technology projects related to a variety of financial systems, be adaptable, visionary and be able to maintain a positive outlook even in the face of challenges. You should be familiar and comfortable with leveraging current best practices and new technological trends supporting adult learning and non-traditional training approaches, including social media and interactive web based deliverables to enhance the effectiveness of communication and training. You should be the type of person who embraces disruption as an opportunity and can help others envision a better future.
You will need to maintain a positive outlook, be comfortable with uncertainty while at the same time be able to create structure and be highly organized, develop relationships easily, work under pressure, and embrace and champion change. You will also need to be very comfortable talking to people at all levels and from different geographic locations around the globe.
Additional responsibilities of this role may include liaising with functional and technical teams across the enterprise, preparing executive level presentations, leading project team members, and providing on-call support for urgent communications outside of normal working hours and on holidays. Periodic, project-related business travel may be required.
This is a temporary role.
- Develop and document full Change Management plan, including documentation for communicating the plan with executive stakeholders and business leaders
- Perform needs and readiness assessments - conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders
- Implement communications and training strategies - support the design, development, delivery and management of communications
- Develop a global perspective of the business unit, segment, and the industry applications
- Develop and execute specific communication messages for the varying levels of the organization directly and impacted by the change, at critical stages of the project for employees, managers and higher leadership levels
- Determine and measuring change analytics to gauge the effectiveness communications and training
- Collaborate with information technology personnel to streamline process flows and foster awareness of change
- Resource for leadership to help personnel through changes by sharing experiences and best practices
- Assist with the creation of training programs, including requirements, design, and implementation - provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Leads the Change Management work stream of large scale projects
- Develops structure around ambiguity or with limited information
- Anticipates, defines, and prioritizes needs
- Interacts with IT, other segments and subject matter experts to support system project implementations and enhancements
- Develop and execute tactical change and communication plan, as part of the overall project plan, in collaboration with the Project Manager – soliciting appropriate resources and delegating to ensure proper use of resources
- Understands interdependencies, establishes critical path, and bubbles up key challenges at the appropriate time
- Executes project activities to ensure project work stream progresses on schedule
- Effectively and proactively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Assesses issues and identifies solutions to meet work stream and project deliverable commitments
- Display courage in pushing back with clients and partners while fostering an environment that promotes teamwork between departments/divisions.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with resources to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Work independently with business contacts to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Present recommended solutions to key partners and stakeholders
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to align the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and process needs
- Be responsible for the timely execution of the actions required for the defined solutions
- Focuses energy on high-impact activities and strategically prioritizes work
- Participates and aligns with long term strategy for Financial Systems and related processes within their process area – able to articulate how decisions and/or work streams impact or connect to the greater organization/segment
- Uses knowledge of the company’s products and services to meet customer needs
- Stays current on business issues, industry trends and technological advances
- Pulls and monitors metrics to obtain trends and patterns to identify process/system opportunities and execute corrective action
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Demonstrates an understanding of specific business process and related objectives.
- 7 to 10 years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in internal communications and/or employee training
- Experience working within a matrix organization of a large multinational company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms as well as HTML and CSS knowledge
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle - in order to create and implement engagement and training strategies
- Strong analytical skills to determine organizational needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, and evaluate their effectiveness
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Demonstrated self-starter; able to prepare communication and training materials with minimal input
- Partner and collaborate with clients in providing communication services and training support ensuring consistency and quality in messaging and execution
- Comfortable/at ease with technology - ability to learn new tools quickly and use them for distributing communications (Unified Messaging) and supporting the Financial Systems Help Site (WordPress)
- Able to use training development tools (Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate)
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients, their needs and potential reactions to communications and training
- Demonstrate multi-tasking skills to manage workload while adhering to deadlines and high quality with minimal supervision
- Passion for and knowledge of new media and emerging technologies to deliver best practice communication and training solutions
- Experience creating and delivering executive-level presentations using PowerPoint, including demonstrated excellence in creating visuals
- High level energy, self-direction and motivation
- Positive outlook, mindset and projection of positive / can-do attitude
- Work experience in finance or accounting
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Warehouse, Business Objects and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. ServiceNow, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
- Formal process improvement, project management or business analysis accreditation (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Black/Green Belt, PMP®, TQM or similar)
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Change Management, Project Management, Accounting, Finance, Communications, Organizational Development, Public Relations, Marketing, Education, Instructional Design, Business, Information Technology, or other related field
- Graduate Degree
- Masters of Project Management, PMP or other professional project management certification
- Change Management Certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Member of American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) and/or International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), or a similar professional organization
- Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA, MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.