Food & Beverage Cast Member Roles at the Morocco Pavilion at EPCOTApply NowApply Later Job ID 1108395BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted May 20, 2023
As a Food & Beverage Cast Member, we are passionate about creating a magical and enjoyable dining experience! This role may include working in restaurants, private dining, and convention locations.
We are responsible for greeting Guests upon arrival, seating Guests in the dining room, creating and managing reservations within a computer system, maintaining a seating chart, and resolving Guest situations.
Food & Beverage Cast Member roles receive a starting rate of $17.00/ hour.
- Proactively engage with Guests by recognizing and greeting arriving guests, addressing, answering questions, giving directions, and other information
- Escort guests to their assigned table, deliver and present menus
- Control the flow of business by practicing rotation seating, anticipating table availability
- Prolong standing, speaking to large crowds during peak operational hours in different weather conditions
- Process Guest orders accurately through a point-of-sale system (POS register), count money, make change, and process credit card transactions
- Bussing tables, running food, folding napkins, collecting in-room dining trays from hallways, and other side duties
- Food preparation & assembly of food products including but not limited to beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish, gluten, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, dairy products, and working around alcohol
- Work as part of a fast-paced team to meet target goals during your shift
- Understand and explain menu offerings to Guest and answer questions about the food products
- Provide Guest Service when problems arise and assist in finding solutions with Guests and Cast Members.
- Operate a dining system software on a handheld device or computer to access the seating chart to assist with accurate quoted waiting times to Guest and maintain the wait list
- Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to return
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- MUST be able to demonstrate Cultural Authenticity pertaining to Morocco
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Observational skills to identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Partner with team to make adjustments for operational changes
- Operate mobile devices and other computer systems
- Develop relationships with Guest and Cast Members from all lines of business to provide excellent service to our Guests and Cast
- Flexible scheduling availability including first and second shifts, third shift if applicable, weekends, holidays, overtime and double shift
- Physical role including lifting, pushing, pulling, bending twisting, standing, climbing, walking, and kneeling
- Cast Members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Cast Members may have exposure to food and beverage products
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Previous cashier experience
- Previous restaurant experience preferred
- Previous experience speaking in front of large groups or audiences
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays are preferred
- Part-Time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.