Food & Beverage (Heart of House) Job Fair, Jan 31 and Feb 1, WDWApply NowApply Later Job ID 1064324BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 26, 2023
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn more about what it’s like to make unforgettable memories for our Guests!
Candidates are encouraged to apply online prior to the event, however computers will be available at the event to complete applications and Walk-in's are welcome.
Roles may include:
- Full Time Chef Assistant (Lead Line Cook)
- Full Time Chef Assistant Pastry/Bakery (Lead Baker)
- Full Time Culinary Cook 1 (Advanced Line Cook)
- Full Time Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery (Advanced Baker)
- Full Time Steward
Full Time requires full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Part-Time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of (3) THREE days per week
Advanced Culinary roles receive a starting rate of $19.00 to $21.00/hourly
Steward roles receive a starting rate of $15.00/hourly
With our Disney Aspire program, eligible hourly Cast Members receive 100% of tuition paid upfront for partner institutions!
When: The Walt Disney World Casting Center will be open for this event on Tuesday 01/31 and Wednesday 2/1 from 9am-4pm
Where: Walt Disney World Casting Center
1515 E. Buena Vista DR
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
• To reduce wait time, it is strongly encouraged that you apply in advance
• Walk-in's are Welcome
• Process may take up to three hours to complete
Parking: Please park in the Grapefruit Garage (located next to the Walt Disney World Casting Building) on the third floor. Use the pedestrian bridge to make your way to our building.
Please note: If you are not able to attend our in-person job fair, no worries! Please click on the link below to apply for the role in your area of interest and attend a virtual interview offered 6 days a week!
Full Time Chef Assistant (Lead Line Cook), if you are interested, please complete an application by clicking the link HERE.
Full Time Chef Assistant Pastry/Bakery (Lead Baker), if you are interested, please complete an application by clicking the link HERE
Full Time Culinary Cook 1 (Advanced Line Cook), if you are interested, please complete an application by clicking the link HERE
The Walt Disney World® Resort is searching for talented Cooks who are looking to push themselves to the next level in their career with our culinary team.
Picture yourself where you would have the opportunity to:
- Provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies
- Grow in your craft through continual learning and development alongside our advanced culinary team with years of experience in the industry
- Help generate dishes from scratch for a variety of locations throughout property from quick service to fine dining
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and Guest areas and corridors
- Cast Members will handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
Basic Qualifications:Culinary Basic Qualifications
- Show strong attention-to-detail, organization, retention and problem-solving skills even while working under a sense of urgency and with quality ingredients
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly to ensure smooth service operations and quality service
- Proven knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling techniques, temperatures and food safety
- Must have superior culinary, food production and high standards of excellence, including the ability to work cleanly, safely and efficiently
- Possess proficiency in all stations of the line, including grill and sauté, as well as skills with knives, tools and kitchen equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow recipes and an understanding of recipe conversion
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, including specialized culinary techniques and measurements, and possess the ability to propose menu items
- Knowledge of basic butchering, food allergies, seasonal ingredients and menus
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending twisting, and kneeling
- Most advanced roles require a minimum 3 years of line cook experience or culinary certification plus 2 years of line cook experience at a table service establishment - Fine Dining experience is a plus, but not required
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic communication skills (able to positively talk with Guest, Cast Members and leadership)
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
Preferred Qualifications:Culinary Preferred Qualifications
- Bilingual preferred
- H.A.C.C.P. (food safety training) certified
- Six (6) months of previous food and beverage dishwasher/ steward experience
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information!:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION:
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.