France Disney Cultural Representative ProgramApply NowApply Later Job ID 1086432BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Mar. 19, 2023
Countries and regions represented are: Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Norway, Southeast Asia (India, Indonesia, Thailand), Sub-Saharan Africa (Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe), and United Kingdom.
Accepting applications for Merchandise and Attractions positions at the French pavilion that will start in 2024.
Responsibilities:Our France Cultural Representatives can be placed in a Merchandise or Attractions role. Below are descriptions for each position.
- Proactively greeting and interacting with every Guest that enters or leaves the shops
- Demonstrating and selling merchandise (including alcohol and tobacco) in indoor and outdoor areas
- Filling orders, preparing and assembling food items
- Cash handling - manual and using computerized registers
- Stocking and cleaning shelves and carts
- Receiving/putting away stock and deliveries
- Stroller/wheelchair rental – including repetitive lifting, stacking and pushing strollers and wheelchairs
- Preparation of food/candy
- Preparing packages for shipping/delivery
- Possible prolonged exposure to weather conditions
- Working at one or more of the "rides" or theater shows
- Loading and unloading Guests from an attraction
- Operating sophisticated ride systems
- Memorizing and delivering lengthy narrations on a microphone to large groups
- Retrieving and arranging strollers
- Assisting with emergency evacuations of attractions when necessary
- Monitoring Guest flow and providing a safe Guest experience
Basic Qualifications:To be eligible to apply for the France Cultural Representative Program, you MUST:
- Speak English fluently.
- Be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Be able to authentically represent France.
- Be receptive to Disney Look guidelines.
- Be fully available to work Sunday through Saturday, including days and nights, holidays and overtime.
You are required to upload your Resume/CV and Cover Letter for this job application - in English.
Former Cultural Representative Program participants must wait 15 months from your most recent program end date to apply for a new Cultural Representative Program.
Additional Information:Pay rate: Cast Members will earn an hourly rate of pay starting at $17.00 per hour depending on the role they are selected to perform.
We strongly encourage candidates to explore DisneyPrograms.com prior to submitting an application.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.