Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Graphic Design, Creative Learning Services Undergrad Intern, Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 692913BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 09, 2019
Stretch your creative skills as part of the team responsible for providing services and products in the areas of web/app development, online training, in-person experiences, video content, animations, technology-enabled classroom learning, marketing, communications, branding, print collateral, and other various media assets which require graphic design support.
Work in a highly-collaborative and agile environment where you will participate in the creative process from concept to completion while gaining experience with consulting and client management. Projects will include creation and maintenance of learning and development based collateral such as visual branding, illustrations, marketing, presentations, posters, directional signage, event graphics, and other materials.
Put your graphic design abilities to the test using industry recognized equipment, hardware and software while you display a strong, overall creative approach.
A Day in the Life…
- Serve as creative and proactive thought partner in identifying best solutions and techniques to convey and display learning content through graphic design and motion graphics/animations
- Learn to manage projects and see them through concept to completion
- Design and assist in the creation and revisions of class presentations, infographics, vector illustrations/iconography, participant guides, job-aids, communications, mood boards, web page comps, and more.
- Assist in the creation of motion graphics to be used as stand-alone pieces or integrated (composited) into other learning products
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of composition and layout, color, typeface selection, and other fundamentals of design
- Ensure that the Disney standards of quality and creativity and the D Learn brand are reflected consistently in all materials
- Research and share new trends and techniques in all aspects of the creative and production processes
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Proficiency in software for graphic design, desktop publishing, and presentations, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Office (emphasis on PowerPoint)
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise in logo design, layout, presentation design, color, illustration, and typography
- Ability to adapt easily in a fast-paced team environment and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong project management, organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization and time management skills
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac environments
- Knowledge of file formats and specifications in preparation for printing versus web
- Confidence in presenting ideas and interacting with partners of various backgrounds and levels
- Strong partnering skills and ability to influence
- Proactive listening skills and ability to ask thoughtful questions for clarity and discovery
- Ability to take direction/constructive feedback
- High self-initiative with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Illustration skills or the ability to revise existing illustrations while maintaining character integrity
- Experience designing for motion graphics, photography and/or video editing
- Background in Marketing or Communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or a closely related field
- Minimum GPA - 3.0
- The approximate dates of this internship are August 2019 through January 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship - typical work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm EST
- Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, or weekends if needed.
- Able to provide own housing and transportation to the Orlando, FL area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.