Holiday Services Craft Support Decorator, SeasonalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 932668BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 05/15/2022
Disney is admired around the world for our imaginative, over-the-top holiday decorations. Join the team that makes it all happen at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts!
Starting pay rate for this role is $17.00 per hour
ResponsibilitiesYou would join a team of seasonal workers (either March – August or September – January) who transform our Parks and Resorts into wonderlands representing major holidays celebrated around the world, and would get the incredible satisfaction of seeing your work turn a venue into a wondrous, imaginative, truly unique vision of holiday splendor.
Every day as a Holiday Services Craft Support Decorator is different. On any given day or night, you might:
- Climb a ladder to festoon the lobby of a resort with holiday-inspired garlands;
- Inspect decorations before you help load them onto trucks;
- Repair and rehab everything from foliage and lights to delicate Christmas tree ornaments.
- Work at a Park during the night so it is transformed for Guests the next day;
- Help “strike the set” by carefully taking down what you’ve put up;
- Possibly operate a box truck (up to 26,000 lbs.) on runs to/from the warehouse and the Parks;
- Precisely catalog the props and decorations before helping to store them safely for use next year; and
- Enjoy Disney Theme Park Experiences and Cast member exclusives!
Basic QualificationsHere’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- Work independently, but be part of a team of over 100 people who rotate assignments regularly;
- Be comfortable working on ladders and/or scaffolding, at heights ranging from 2’ to 80’ or higher.
- Use your creativity and artistic eye to decorate and install Holiday Décor;
- Familiarity with paints and color matching is helpful;
- Knowledge of how to safely use hand and power tools;
- Enjoy working with fabric and ribbons;
- Perform general warehouse duties, like cleaning, repairing, sorting and cataloging;
- This is a seasonal position that requires the flexibility to work days, nights (including 3rd shift), weekends and holidays, from September 2021 through January 2022.
- Three or more years of experience in a scenic or fabrication shop.
- Theatre/Props experience
- High-school diploma or equivalent
Additional Information:KEYWORD: WDW Casting and WDWCASTING
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.