Laundry Specialist Senior-Mats Specialist, Full Time Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID 972829BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 05/02/2022
Pay rates start at $15.25 per hour and may vary depending on the role offered.
- This role in our laundry facility involves Driving and working across Walt Disney World property hand-delivering, changing out, and picking up various types of mats and rugs
- Properly sequence mats for deliveries
- Perform mat cleaning in our laundry facility, including operating specialized laundry equipment to clean and dry mats
- Organize and store all extra mats in designated area
- Compare incoming mats soiled with expected clean delivery order tickets and report to management discrepancies
- Comfortable with interacting with Guests and assisting with questions
- Operate a company van and box truck
- Occasionally operate a pallet jack
- Work indoors and outdoors during various weather conditions
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Operating in a safe manner at all times
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Valid Driver’s License
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (hearing protection, safety googles etc.) while doing certain duties
- Ability to push, pull or lift mats up to 60 pounds
- Basic communication skills, including conversational English
- Basic math skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- This role is Full-time and requires full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Prior laundry experience
- Prior experience fulfilling deliveries
- Bilingual preferred
- Computer proficiency
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting WDWCASTING Laundry Textile Services WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.