Lead Data Engineer
Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 924783BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 20, 2022
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products is seeking a Lead Data Engineer who has experience with cloud-based big data platforms and can create advanced solutions with data, tools, and connections. You will be a part of a group of experienced Engineers who develop accurate and efficient data products for our Data Products & Platforms organization.
- Build complex data products using multiple technologies across all phases of the development lifecycle including design, coding, and testing in an Agile environment.
- Use a variety of tools and techniques for data ingest and egress between different databases, services, and platforms
- Identify opportunities for automation, optimization, and improvement of data products and processes
- Be a promoter and trainer of new technologies and techniques amongst your peers
- Consult on cloud and big data technologies, capabilities, and approaches
- Work with partners across technology and the business to achieve project deliverables within defined timelines
- 5+ years of experience building business-focused data products (structured and unstructured)
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying solutions in a cloud environment
- Proficiency with data concepts like ETL, near-/real-time data, data ingest, data syndication, data curation, metadata, and workflow management
- Experience with programming languages including Python and SQL
- Experience with AWS cloud services, including: Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway and Kinesis
- Experience delivering database solutions: Snowflake, BigQuery or Redshift
- Understanding of cloud security concepts
- Experience with code and release management tools (e.g. GitHub, GitLab), continuous integration/delivery pipelines, and Agile development best-practices
- Some experience in AI/ML, AWS SageMaker and Tensorflow
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.