Lead Software Architect
Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 890646BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 06, 2021
Job Summary:Job Description
- Defines and develops the application architectural strategy, aligned with business goals.
- Defines development guidelines and standards to be utilized in application development and integration.
- Designs, and develops a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. desired future state in application architecture.
- Analyzes the current IT ecosystem application architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Defines transition steps and strategy from the current to the future application architecture.
- Develops methods to integrate systems that interact and extend across functional lines.
- Identifies system requirements for large, complex, ecosystem-wide applications.
- Reviews requirements across multiple applications and develops application models that span applications and domains.
- 10+ years of relevant IT work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, application design, system engineering, and integration.
- Experience writing technical specifications and technical documentation.
- Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience with multiple diverse technologies and environments.
- Broad knowledge of industry standard best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of architecture frameworks and tools.
- Research and analysis experience designing new architecture frameworks or enhancing existing architectures.
- Troubleshooting skills, the ability to determine issue impact, the ability to resolve complex issues, and the ability to consistently exercise sound judgment and initiative in stressful situations.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.