Lead Software Engineer - Java/GCP
Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 812384BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 24, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its guests. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated Disney experiences that will define the interactions of children and families online and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical assets. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and all levels of the organization. We are consumer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to develop SaaS applications or Micro Services focusing on eCommerce experiences.
- Collaborate with web-front-end and mobile app developers to deliver experiences that delight our guests.
- Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis.
- Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers.
- Analyze the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective.
- Participate in the Agile team ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, decomposition and daily standups.
- Work with the team leads to understand product requirements, design and implement solutions, and work with QA to validate those solutions.
- 7+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 7+ years of Server Side / Backend End engineering experience including taking a product from inception through multiple release cycles.
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design, and Development experience.
- Experience with Micro services Design/Implementation
- Experience designing and developing Server Side applications running in the cloud using Java / Python. .
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience designing RESTful API’s and implementing such APIs within a security framework such as OAuth
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues in mobile applications.
- Strong experience with optimization and analysis of existing Server Side applications, including profiling and memory leak detection.
- Excellent and deep understanding of design patterns and modern, highly scalable application development
- Experience with eCommerce related applications and environments is a must.
- Golang experience
- Experience with Google Cloud SaaS/PaaS solutions
- Experience with Google App Engine in a Java / Python production environment.
- Experience with Google Data Flow, Apache Beam or similar technologies
- Expertise Data Engineering solutions
- Experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with eCommerce SaaS platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Salesforce Commerce Cloud is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Order Management systems like IBM Sterling Commerce Cloud, Manhattan, or Oracle Order Management Cloud.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.