Lead Software Engineer- Park Operations Technology
Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 913342BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
Job Summary:Cast and Park Operations (CPO) is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to transform the way the Walt Disney Company interacts with its Cast. The Lead Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of technologies and concepts to lead software engineering teams on large projects, provides technical guidance and oversight and is a point of escalation and technical expert. As part of the CPO team, you will participate in changing the landscape of critical, Cast-facing software solutions. These systems are responsible for functions ranging from optimizing the efficiency of park operations to dramatically improving the way training is delivered to our Cast. In this role, you will work with an accomplished and supportive team of resources and leadership to create the connected experiences that make Disney an employer of choice.
- Own and lead large development projects and teams comprised of multiple components; oversee project teams as required, including 3rd party resources.
- Lead the development of highly innovative, large, software solutions that meet specifications and significantly impact future developments.
- Conceive and set the design and direction for major software development projects.
- Lead the design of components for major software development projects, developing specifications for each.
- Interact and coordinate deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Influence the work of team members, and assigned deliverables through decisions and actions.
- Serve as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers and leadership, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Act as a liaison between design, product, development, QA, and sustainment resources.
- 8-12 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable software systems and components
- 2-4 years of project lead experience
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Development experience
- 4+ years of Cloud solution experience
- Experience designing and developing web applications
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications
- Excellent problem-solving skills Experience designing RESTful API's and implementing such APIs within a security framework such as OAuth
- Excellent and deep understanding of design patterns and modern, highly scalable application development
- Experience with AWS serverless computing solutions, Google Cloud Platform, ServiceNow or similar cloud platforms
- Flutter/Dart experience
- Experience with C#/.NET
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.