Lead Software Engineer
Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 959489BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 13, 2022
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is seeking a Lead Mobile Developer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its mobile guest. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering a best in-class eCommerce experience for Disney products that are marketed through our shopDisney channel. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and all levels of the organization. We are consumer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to develop rich mobile applications, focused on easy to use and converting experiences for Disney guests
- Collaborate with the shopDisney Services team, 3rd Party teams and other internal and external development teams to integrate features and functionality into the shopDisney iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis
- Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers
- Analyze the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective
- 7+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 5+ years of mobile (iOS and/or Android) and internet technology experience
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design, and Development experience
- Experience with mobile software development kits (SDKs) and frameworks.
- Experience writing code in Java, for Android platforms or Swift/ObjectiveC for iOS
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working with RESTful API’s and networking
- Must have worked on one or more of the following domains on mobile/embedded devices: Applications, UI/App frameworks, Middleware/Services (e.g. multimedia, internet technologies)
- Knowledge of packaging, signing and provisioning mobile applications
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues in mobile applications
- Strong optimization experience with mobile development
- Experience developing and troubleshooting for different versions of mobile operating systems
- Experience with Web-service development and Restful design patterns
- Experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
Required EducationBS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.