Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10025270 Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Summary: The Lead Software Developer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, and develop The Load Software Engineer owns the design and development of applications and drives software development through their own and subordinate engineers' work. The Lead Engineer provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert.
This role will be a part of the core sales team within the Parks Commercial Systems organization. As part of the team, the position will deliver existing and new applications that fully utilize cloud-native architecture and microservices.
- Owns and leads large development projects and teams where a project comprises multiple components; oversees project teams as required.
- Leads the development, testing, and debugging of highly innovative, large software solutions that meet specifications and significantly impact future developments
- Lead integration with SAP and strong knowledge of the financial process
- Extensive knowledge of processing file-based offline POS transactions
- Knowledge of financial processing, including authorization, credit limit, and refunds for credit cards, gift cards, and checks
- Integration of the PayPal payment system is an added advantage
- Knowledge of integrating global currencies in financial transactions
- Conceives and leads the execution of significant software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies
- Writes code using the latest and legacy Java, J2EE frameworks
- Review code written by peers
- Create protocols, documentation, and tools for installing and maintaining applications.
- Conceive and set the design, develop, and provide direction for development and maintenance projects.
- Design, develop, manage, create, and maintains the technical components and templates for front-end web pages for client sites.
- Solid understanding of the front-end technology stack
- Able to code against front-end and lead end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Lead, interact, and coordinate design discussions with other technical groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned component-level projects using new or existing technologies.
- Participates in conceiving and setting the direction for development projects.
- Influences the work of team members, other teams, and assigned projects through decisions and actions.
- Designs the component tasks of assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- Serves as a high-level technical resource and "go-to" person for less experienced developers and leadership, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the team's effectiveness.
- 10+ plus years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Two to four years of experience leading technical project teams
- Scrum Master Certification / ITIL Certification added advantage
- Deep understanding of design patterns and modern, highly scalable application developmentf
- Deep knowledge of SAP file integrations and finance process
- Hands-on experience with legacy java frameworks
- Advanced experience in Object-Oriented design principles, patterns, and coding best practices
- Advanced experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Advanced experience with database applications (e.g., Oracle, Aurora) and data manipulation tools (e.g., Python) is a plus.
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...) with knowledge of AWS ECS clustering, placement groups, visualVM, JConsole
- Knowledge of PHP, IBM MQ, and socket communication applications
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible to fast-changing business needs and new technologies
- Ability to follow existing programming and style guidelines to maintain consistent quality of code
- Ability to contribute to test automation as part of code regression and testing
- Ability to create and maintain documentation, procedures, and working instructions for the operations team
- Ability to lead the improvement of software development processes, protocols, and procedures
- Ability to proactively reassess business needs and make suggestions to meet those needs
- Ability to apply vision, creativity, and proactive solutions to exceptionally complex issues
- Ability to lead programming, testing, and debugging of software applications
- Ability to lead projects and oversee teams
- Ability to train, mentor, and review the work of less experienced members of the team
- At least 10+ years of design, architecture, and development experience in highly scalable, high-volume software components and client-facing web applications
- 2-4 years leading Software Engineering teams and projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.