Lead Technical Architect
Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 972743BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Lead Technical Architect works as part of the Application Enablement team within Reference Architecture responsible for planning, implementation, and end-to-end technical support of organization-wide shared tools. You will be proficient in both cloud native architecture and the operations of a virtual machine environment. As a Lead Technical Architect, you will envision and create solutions to make it easier for other software and system engineers to provide great experiences to our cast and guests. Many shared tools are vendor developed, so the ability to work within parameters outside of our control is paramount.
You will lead the Application Build and Deploy space which is considered all of the tooling and automation necessary to take code checked into source control by a developer to being deployed and running in the cloud. Currently, this encompasses Jenkins, Sonar, GitHub, GitLab, Rundeck, Atlantis, and Terraform among other tools. The primary responsibility of this role will be to architect a new DevOps platform and lead the migration off of the current CICD system. This is a centralized platform so it must be a flexible design to accommodate both end-users that are interested in DevOps and Build Engineering and those that are simply software engineers at heart. Much though must be put into parallelization and how to improve security and quality of the artifacts that the platform produces while minimizing build times. All work is performed using Infrastructure as Code, so competence in multiple languages will be needed. Some examples include systems management and automation through authoring and maintenance of Terraform, Python, Ruby, and shell scripting and experience implementing and using enterprise configuration management solutions such as Chef or Ansible.
- Take ownership of the current product as a liaison to the customer teams so that you can find opportunities to improve
- Design a new CICD Platform with capabilities to support current and new technologies, increase efficiency, and allowing new business capabilities through flexibility without burdening sustainment
- Always evaluate technology solutions in an ever-evolving market through research and lab work to ensure our products remain top-tier
- Engage with our customers to ensure that the platform being designed fits their needs
- Lead in developing tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate platform maintenance, operational efficiency, reliability, and administration.
- Plan and execute platform-oriented projects including department initiatives and updates to existing platforms.
- Prioritize and assign work to team.
- Work with departments to plan for new projects and events affecting the relevant platform, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery, and migration strategies.
- Provide research, design, building, testing, and support to software platform(s), including support for multiple levels of testing before release of new and upgraded platform or infrastructure.
- Use data to plan for department growth needs, plan upgrades, migrations, and functionality.
- Develop and review architecture and infrastructure plans.
- Help develop large technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert on at least one build and deploy technology
- Use scripts and tools built by others, including the ability to troubleshoot or debug issues with these tools.
- Evaluate new system and infrastructure solutions for technical feasibility against known requirements and standards.
- Effective at dealing with change: transition in role or handle a significant modification to workflow or technology with minimal ramp-up time.
- Comfortable presenting issues to management and peers, both written and verbally in a concise fashion.
- 5+years of progressively related experience in the Build Engineering and DevOps spaces
- Experience as the technical lead of a large-scale project
- Knowledge of systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, and internet and web applications.
- AWS and it's different products (EC2, ECS, ALB, NLB, S3, EBS, ECR, etc)
- Build Platforms (GitLab CI, Jenkins, AWS Code Build/Deploy, Azure DevOps)
- Container Technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Tools and middleware including Chef, Terraform, Tomcat, Java, Node.js
- Project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Demonstrated Experience administering a large-scale third-party vendor application
- Previous experience architecting a DevOps platform or performing a migration from one platform to another
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
- Microsoft Azure or GCP Experience
Required EducationBachelor's degree or equivalent experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.