Lead Technical Program/Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 952724BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jun. 29, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
You will apply project management principles, practices, and techniques to lead and control project schedule, scope, quality, cost and performance risks independently, for multiple complex technology projects. You will coordinate the activities of the project team by becoming familiar with project scope and objectives, and the role and function of each team member. You will work closely with cross-discipline technology teams, leadership and business partners to understand technical and business direction, milestones and budget, and provide thought leadership to project management team.
This is a central leadership role on the project management team supporting Restaurant and Retail Technology. You will lead efforts to organize work across multiple threads of work and products.
You will report to and work closely with the Manager, Technical Program/Project Management supporting the portfolio.
- Undertake program planning
- Build strong relationships with product, engineering, design, and business partners to define strategic plans and manage pipeline of continuous development work
- Identify, plans, and coordinate a set of related projects within a program, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Coordinate work with other project managers to manage interdependencies in support of program strategies
- Lead the intake process and prioritize work efforts in partnership with product teams
- Participate in the annual budgeting and operating plan to support the program
- Manage execution of program
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of program objectives
- Maintain program schedule and target dates, formulating mitigation plans for program risks
- Deliver successful programs and projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner as shown by project statistics
- Conduct program meetings at leadership and/or executive director levels
- Continually review available resources to maintain first-hand knowledge of where resources can be best allocated; reevaluate current resources to determine project resource surplus and shortfalls
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and reviews deliverables
- Track progress and review program and project activities to ensure success
- Assess program and project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals
- Prepare and execute program communication
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain support for the program or specific projects, and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Conduct regular program status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder's needs and requirements continuously in view
- Work collaboratively with development staff and support staff to maintain thorough knowledge of capabilities, and to ensure precise communications between project teams and stakeholders
- Create program presentations and reports for executive leadership, program sponsors and stakeholders
- Present program status, issues, and risks to leadership through formal presentations and other communication channels
- Manage program budget
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget and that actuals are up to date
- Work with financial Project Controllers to monitor budget expenditures and report monthly to leadership
- Develop and update budgets, as required, in conjunction with program/project teams
- Provide team mentoring and continue professional development
- Mentor various levels of project managers regarding all aspects of the project life cycle and project management discipline
- Provide input and feedback to program team members
- Continue professional development through attendance at meetings, professional seminars and conferences
- Supports CPOR Program/Project Management Office initiatives
- Support the transformation of the CPOR Technology Program/Project Management Office
- Effectively prepare and present technical and/or educational documentation of assigned projects to enhance the knowledge project team members
- Support leadership of project management team and helps define strategic direction of project management functions
- 7+ years of Program/Project management experience (such as: Project Lead, SCRUM Master, Agile Coach) working with technical teams developing enterprise class solutions
- Technical project management expertise for a global or national brand(s), working closely with technology, creative and user experience teams
- Hands-on experience with practices such as Agile, Lean, Kanban, Waterfall and extensive experience with pragmatic blending of styles to facilitate collaboration and delivery
- Ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills with attention to detail
- Experience with Agile Application Lifecycle Management and development tools like JIRA, Confluence Wiki
- Understanding of Agile technical practices, DevOps and testing concepts (CI/CD, TDD)
- Experience in coaching and mentoring teams on project management practices including Agile, Lean, Kanban, Waterfall
- Experience with budget tracking and complex cost-benefit analysis
- Experience managing and prioritizing projects within the program and working seamlessly with various teams and stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Technical program/project management experience in digital, consumer-facing online/mobile technologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Agile Certifications (CSM; ACP; CSPO; SAFe; LeSS)
- Four-year college degree in Information Technology, Business or related field or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.