Licensing Manager - PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 860804BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
The Licensing Manager is responsible for managing a group of publishing licensees with the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives. Autonomously manages mid-sized and/or strategic accounts.
Finance and Business Planning:
- Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing and implementing the business strategy for Publishing categories including learning and coloring & activity.
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned accounts to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Responsible for new business and revenue growth opportunities with existing licensees.
- Provides licensee/product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Acts as ambassador for the category. Seeks and shares data, research and trends with respect to the competitive landscape. Analyzes and understands market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs
- Strategizes and makes thoughtful recommendations for new business opportunities. Analyzes account (licensee and retailer) business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with Disney Publishing Worldwide initiatives.
- Develops and implements product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure that sales are maximized and marketing objectives are met.
- Ensures licensee requests are researched and addressed in a timely fashion.
- Manages the contract lifecycle for their portfolio of licensees.
- Supports Senior Manager in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary.
- Partners with Product Development team to innovate and bring to market compelling new product for categories managed.
- Ensures licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives.
Retail, Sales and Marketing:
- Maintains general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retails sales performance of key licensees and programs. Performs retail-shopping analysis.
- Provides any licensee /product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Builds strong team-oriented relationships with other CPGP franchise teams and business units, to develop opportunities of coordination with other categories, lines of business and departments and/or cross-promotional opportunities.
- Strong understanding of brand positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Highly detail-oriented. Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to handle several tasks/assignments simultaneously and to maintain flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of financial tracking systems preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5 yrs. of directly related experience
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.