Lifeguard- Full Time, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 1031857BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Sep. 21, 2022
The new hire will receive paid training to obtain their Lifeguards certification through Ellis and Associates, Inc. The certification training is conducted over three consecutive days.
Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $15.25/hour for shallow water, and $16.25/hour for deep water.
- Monitor Guests in recreational areas and provide constant surveillance of pool areas to ensure Guest safety and act as a first responder to emergency situations
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the Recreation locations
- Participate in regular in-service training
- Perform life saving techniques, C.P.R and first aid procedures in emergency situations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while monitoring the pool deck
- Work in outdoor settings during various weather conditions
- Clear pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Maintain and exchange used and clean towel bins
- Engage and Greet Pool Guests
- Proactively address Guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information about the resort or surrounding areas
- Maintain overall upkeep of all cabanas
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Full-time requires full availability for any shift, including nights and holidays
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, Cast Members, and leadership)
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone
- Pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected
- Pass a hearing screening at the time of hire to validate the ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility
- Lifeguard training is provided and must be successfully completed
- Perform work that may involve lifting Guests, in and out of the pool up to 100 lbs or more with assistance
- Deep Water Swim Test: ability to swim 200 yards, tread water without using hands for 2 minutes, feet-first dive to retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 8 feet
- Shallow Water Swim Test: ability to swim 50 yards, feet-first dive to retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 5 feet
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Previous Lifeguarding or Swimming Instructor experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information!:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.