Manager, Global HR OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 905211BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
This role will collaborate cross-functionally with the Process and Technical Integration teams, the entire Global HR Operations organization, as well as groups & stakeholders across The Walt Disney Company domestic and international. This role will lead project and process improvement efforts, provide oversight to new business transitioning into GHRO, identify improvement opportunities, design new workflows and define technical requirements for DTools HR, new systems, features, and integrations. This leader will be responsible for successful delivery of projects that support business-specific goals. The successful candidate will blend strong business & process expertise with effective leadership, stakeholder management, project management, & communication skills.
- Lead, coach, develop and inspire team members to plan, prioritize and execute assignments with exceptional service delivery
- Lead by example in terms of being collaborative, strong coach/trainer to new team members, positive attitude and detail oriented
- Promote a culture of inclusivity and engagement
- Ensure business deliverables are executed accurate and timely by providing oversight to multiple concurrent projects, including review of project plans, meeting attendance as necessary and keen awareness with ongoing project updates
- Develop and manage project work processes such as project planning, issue management, knowledge management and documentation, meeting structure, budget, milestone tracking and reporting etc.
- Create, communicate and manage detailed project plans, dependencies, resource plans, schedules and deadlines
- Create a way to identify and manage project interdependencies with other PM’s and stakeholder groups
- Identify and communicate key risks of projects to leadership and advocate contingency plans
- Translate policies & key decisions to executive memos & process documentation
- Make pro-active recommendations on project approach, timing, priorities and deliverables where appropriate
- Monitor testing and training workstream deliverables, timelines and costs
- Other duties as assigned and as necessary to support a growing business
- Strong presentation skills and ability to develop comprehensive project plans of all scope sizes and functions
- Demonstrated team leadership (including directly managing people)
- Leadership experience in directing various teams on roles and responsibilities, timelines and requirements per project, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables.
- Strong project management/consultant skills and prioritization/organization skills in a fast-paced environment
- Mastery of project management basics including: estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, change management, and communication planning
- Experience managing unusually complex / Technical projects and providing project methodology and integration expertise
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative processes and tools to support business objectives
- Adaptable, flexible, well organized, detail oriented
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Effective conflict management skills
- Exposure to working with executive level stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, and ability to identify and utilize metrics tied to project value. Demonstrated ability to understand relevant technology and work with Leadership & technical leads to develop direction
- Strong ability to identify inclusive processes and solutions
- Track record of successful partnerships with leaders at all levels
- Strong teamwork skills
- Helpful to have a working understanding of Dtools HR, ServiceNow, Workday, SAP, Electronic Document Management, HR Technology, etc.
- Prefer Project Management Professional Certification
Required EducationBS in Human Resources or Information Technology
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.