Manager Merchandise on DemandApply NowApply Later Job ID 852746BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
Manager, Merch on Demand (MOD) will lead our MOD team to drive and develop our Global MOD business and assortment strategies for all accounts in our distribution. Strategy to include cross franchise, marketplace assortment and product-line direction to meet financial needs of the business. Position to work closely with cross functional partners including Retail Sales, Retail Marketing, Design, Copy, Franchise and Analytics.
- Develop and maintain departmental strategies. Actively work to apply financial insights, consumer insights, and product trend information, as well as support the divisional strategies and overall Integrated Retail vision to validate strategies
- Analyze retail and consumer trends in the industry to help shape the assortment strategies, drive innovation, and identify new opportunities.
- Develop quarterly assortment plan in partnership with marketing, sales, and design teams
- Analyze sales and margin rates to provide recommendations for assortment optimization
- Present quarterly departmental strategies and hindsight business reviews to the Senior Management and cross-functional teams.
- Execute to key milestones, meeting requirements to support operational timelines and hold cross functional teams accountable to these milestones
- Perform gap analysis to drive business
- Minimum of 5+ years account and product management experience in mid to large size apparel company (or related experience)
- Minimum 2+ years leadership experience
- Experience working on Amazon or other ecommerce business preferred
- High level of interest and experience with Disney Brand
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to flex from strategic to task oriented skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, AS400 a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- People oriented team player
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.