Manager of Technology
Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 891004BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 02, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Manager, Technology will lead a team with responsibility for Agile development and delivery of applications in support of Disney Cruise Line’s Crew, HR, Operations and Logistics areas. The portfolio consists of both custom developed and COTS (Custom Off The Shelf) solutions. In this role, you will lead Developers, Engineers, and Analysts, along with being responsible for the trajectory of the underlying technologies.
The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
The Manager, Technology will work with a Sr Manager and stakeholders to assess and set priorities and motivate the team to deliver excellent products that exemplify the Disney brand.
- Influence requirement and implementation of necessary tools along with required practices & processes to actively identify system related problems
- Provide 24x7 production support with a focus on minimizing Guest impact and root cause analysis
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the all initiatives to the stake holders in a timely manner
- Build a team that is centered around excellence, caring for the growth plan of the team members and applications.
- Manage resource and budget allocations.
- Interface with executive leaders and peers to drive improvement and communicate status.
- Build team capability with necessary technical skill set and expertise
- Build great work relationship with business and technology stakeholders
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Provide leadership to direct reports and/or cross-functional teams
- Develop product roadmaps, execution plans and delivery strategies for engineered and packaged solutions
- With an eye towards continuous improvement, increasingly move teams to agile practices and mindset.
- Contribute to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Work closely with Business & Technology Leaders to define and implement critical business functions, needs and products
- Ensure all deliverables across project teams are of the highest quality and clearly documented
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- 10 years of experience with delivering enterprise-scale software solutions
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and presentation communications skills.
- Solid understating of project and program management principles
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large Agile teams and engineering initiatives
- Experience effectively leveraging off-shore and nearshore resources
- Demonstrated expertise in leading triage & critical problem solving on enterprise-scale solutions.
- Strong technical knowledge including Mobile, Web, Apps, APIs, Messaging, Databases, Big Data, Networks and their Interactions
- Knowledge of architecture best practices
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements
- Bacheler’s degree in a technology-oriented discipline or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree
- Technical certifications
- Agile certifications
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.