Manager of TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 981883BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Manager within DPEP will be responsible for leading and managing a team of Application Software Engineers and Initiatives. It will be the responsibility of the Manager to ensure that DPEP applications are highly available, stable and reliable for business usage.
The Manager will be challenged with identifying opportunities to optimize TCO and improve overall performance and availability of shared platforms
- Lead and manage critical shared applications and technology platforms across the segment and enterprise
- Identify opportunities towards Cost Optimization (hardware and software) and Resourcing (Cast and Consultant mix), improvements
- Ensure availability of critical applications is 99.9% or higher. Measured and reported by standard tools
- Plays a key role in defining initiatives and contributing to the strategic planning AOP for the Business unit
- Adapt in a quickly changing environment and interact with a broad customer base with diverse needs and functional responsibilities
- Responsible for forecasting, budgeting, technical analysis, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, delivery milestones, and overall product quality
- Ensure product / project deliverables across the delivery teams are consistent, high quality and well documented
- Recommend application/platform performance improvements based on escalated production issues
- Directly oversee, mentor, and develop the technical staff and supervise the technical delivery of these developers
- Manage a variety of diverse - and sometimes conflicting – requests, priorities, and activities and communicate with people at all levels within DPECP and across the Walt Disney Company
- Mange and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues and change requests to the stakeholders
- People management responsibilities for 2-4 Cast members and 5-6 Consultants
- Provide leadership to direct-report and/or cross-functional teams
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement Ensure that products across DPEP are created in a platform-centric manner
- Manage Incident and Problem management efforts at all levels of priority and complexity
- Interface with both senior technology leaders as well as senior business leaders in order to accomplish business goals and availability objectives
- Participate in various tactical and strategic meetings with all levels of leadership to advise and collaborate on solutions to current and future challenges
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven experience in influencing business and technology leadership to drive positive lasting outcomes
- Solid understanding of program and project management principles
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations
- Ability to act as liaison between business and technologies
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum and test driven approach
- Experience with delivering micro services on Java Platform, High volume data processing systems are a plus
- Experience with delivering UI applications using Node and Angular JS
- 3+ years of experience in people management and leadership role
- 6+ years of experience in leading and driving large teams and programs
- Experience with AWS
- Experience Delivering Large-Scale Enterprise software solutions
- Experience in working in a multi-national and multi-cultural work environment
- Demonstrates strong ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to share and present ideas and program details with Senior Executives
- Ability to embrace organizational change
- Ability to think creatively beyond normal constraints
- Experience in Disney financial ecosystem (Payments), a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field/work experience
- PMP or PgMP Certification
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.