Manager, Product Design – Technology and Digital
Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 966201BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Technology & Digital, a division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class digital experiences for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Signature Experiences, Consumer Products, Games, & Publishing (CPGP), and more. DPEP T&D designs and develops websites, mobile applications, and digital experiences.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager - Product Design, your objective is to take our digital product experiences to the next level through collaboration across multiple international sites, together with product and technology teams, and by teams of accomplished designers to create meaningful interactions that exceed the high expectations of our guests. As a design leader, you will inspire product design thinking, guide creativity, and implement crafted digital experiences across devices and screens. This product space provides an unmatched platform for design improvement at the crossroads between the digital and physical worlds at the scale of Disney.
- Guide the design of original, useful and elegant digital experiences for Guests of Disney Parks and Resorts worldwide
- Oversee projects for assigned businesses within the Park Operations and Attractions, building collaborative relationships with design, product, and technology teams
- Maintain rigorous knowledge of Hyperion, the design system and ongoing efforts across the Design org in partnership with the Design Leadership Team.
- Promote efficiency through thoughtfully aligned and adapted design best practices
- Collaborate and influence product design direction across creative, marketing, consumer insights, on-site operations, product management and development teams
- Attract and lead a diverse team of accomplished designers, spanning different experience levels and responsibilities
- Develop digital product design from concept through execution and final implementation across multiple lines of business
- Listen to our guests and advocate for their perspectives, creating opportunities to accomplish their expectations within all projects
- 5+ years designing digital products
- 2+ years leading designers
- Travel domestically and internationally
- Experience with premium brands and proven success with designing and shipping world class web, mobile web and native app experiences
- Leadership, coaching, communication, collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- An impeccable aesthetic sense and visual design skills, with a knowledge of current visual and user experience trends
- Experience with end-to-end product design, including information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and delivery of design specifications to development teams
- An informed perspective on how best to align design systems relative to business expectations and requirements. An interest and working knowledge of current and latest technologies and digital experiences, and an ability to create and convey opportunities to explore these capabilities with the broader team
- A desire to bring design end-to-end, from concept through development to guarantee a delivery of the final product
- Think downstream and provide important context to partners, stakeholders, and team members of all levels
- An affinity for using qualitative and quantitative data including user research and Guest testing to inform and inspire design
- An understanding for how and when to use an iterative design approach and when to push for innovation and vision
Preferred EducationBachelor's degree preferred
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.