Manager, Product Management - Advertising TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 771704BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 13, 2021
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
Why should you join us…
Got what it takes? If you’re passionate about creating products that fuel a Marketing & Advertising Technology (MAdTech) ecosystem, come join us! You will directly affect the business and entertainment industry as a whole by working on a variety of fascinating advertising technology projects across all departments.
We are looking for a Product Management leader who can break down and achieve marketing needs using data, tools, and connections. You will work as part of an Agile team for development, technical expertise, and delivery of features and capabilities for the ecosystem. You will report to the Senior Manager of Product Management. You will work remotely until in person work resumes. The location for this work can be in the Los Angeles area or Orlando, Florida.
- Champion AdTech vision and roadmap across a matrix organization
- Guide teams toward a shared vision with a focus on action in the face of uncertainty
- Partner with in-house media team, AdOps, Creative, Planning, Data Science, Analytics, Product Engineering to agree on and express the desired requirements, roadmap, and execution plan
- Influence priorities and technical architecture while leading product discovery and execution for complex projects.
- Discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate new ideas with partners
- Cater messages to multiple audiences from executives to engineers while reducing complex ideas down to a simple narrative
- Establish product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
- Manage external dependencies and impediments that could affect the team’s completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Participate in scrum ceremonies (Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer-term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning)
- Enhance knowledge of AdTech systems and industry products
- Participate in the internal Product Owner Community of Practice and other team-sharing forums to exchange knowledge and ideas with people across the organization
- 7+ years of experience in the broad AdTech space (AdServer, DMPs, CDP, DAMs, DCO, DSPs, Programmatic, SEM, SEO, Social, Influencers, and Marketing Automation)
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Experience sourcing vendors, drafting RFPs, and working with teams to conduct due diligence
- Experience explaining complex concepts in a simplified way with all levels
- Have a passion for technology and new ideas
- Knowledge of or experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience driving large cross-organizational and cross-location projects with a variety of partners
- Experience delivering technology products with an ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Experience with programming languages like Python, Java, PIG, or HIVE
- Experience with AWS cloud services like EC2, EMR, RDS, or Redshift
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, MIS, Business or a related field.
Additional Information:Our Benefits:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Vacation and sick leave
- 401k plans
- Tuition assistance
- Community involvement
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.