Manager, Product ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049118 Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 23, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Disney isn’t just another job; it’s a career. We are a leading entertainment company that offers the best of the best! We believe in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers, and building long-term relationships with our guests. As a Manager of Product Management at Disney, you can combine your passion for technology and customer experience to build compelling and delightful experiences for our valued guests.
We have an exciting opportunity for a “hands-on,” data-driven Leader that enjoys the challenges of collaborating to get results that are pivotal to our Disney Parks, Experiences, and products. As a Leader, you will work closely with multiple teams – Engineering, strategy, finance, and operations to define roadmaps and requirements and ultimately measure results for critical guest initiatives. The team leads all aspects of the technology product roadmap behind our breathtaking Resort, wholesale relationships, Agents, Groups, and vacation experiences.
- Drives capability roadmap and supports continuous improvements.
- Define, deliver, and implement a Product Management vision that improves our processes and overall efficiency.
- Define specific product features by integrating inputs from a wide range of sources, including end users (e.g., customer survey, web analytics, A/B testing), business partners (e.g., pricing, marketing strategy), and ongoing trends in the industry (e.g., emerging digital companies in this space)
- This role will involve the complete product lifecycle, from gathering requirements from internal and external constituents to ensuring we achieve the right outcome.
- Partner closely with strategy & experience products for UI/UX to define and create a prioritized backlog and delivery timeline.
- Lead cross-functional go-to-market efforts across marketing, content, production, training, consumer insights, and operations teams.
- Influences, coaches, and mentors beyond the own scope of the Team
- Provides customer and leadership support through the product management team.
- Lead technical discussions and program alignment, and act as a gatekeeper & negotiator with our business and product partners.
- Acts as a liaison between business users and the implementation team, communicating appropriately and effectively with co-workers, customers, and supervisors, maintaining awareness of content, production, project status, and any potential delay, situation, or concern that may affect the outcome.
- Conducts program and product meetings at leadership and executive director levels. Develops and manages a project change control process as needed to ensure the project team is performing and delivering within business and technology expectations.
- Continually reviews available resources to maintain first-hand knowledge of where resources can be best allocated. Reevaluates current resources to resolve project resource surplus and shortfalls.
- Establishes clear ownership of program/project, ensures team members have the tools needed, and provides timely feedback.
- Prioritization of the backlog and day-to-day priority for development teams.
- Conducts regular status meetings with all partners while keeping requirements in view and delivering to expectations.
- Partners with Engineering leaders to maintain a detailed knowledge of product capabilities and ensure all communications between program, product, and project teams and its customers.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Education Required:
- Four-year college degree in Information Technology or Business, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years in digital roles in the travel industry, with 4+ years of management experience.
- 8+ years in defining API standards, setting technical mentorship for TPM organization
- Experience with agile tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience working in a collaborative environment, including mentoring Managers and individual contributors (TPMs).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Technology teams and operational departments.
- Experience in synthesizing complex or diverse project data and information
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.