Manager, TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 10044020 Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 15, 2023
The Manager, Technology (Chief of Staff) will support the VP’s vision and strategies and be a force multiplier. This role will enable the leader of Park Commercial Platforms and the leadership team to work effectively with internal and external partners by driving business operations, internal communications, and critical initiatives that cut across the organizations.
This highly strategic and facilitative position requires focus, flexibility, and a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and an understanding of how to drive effectiveness and transformation at scale, which can serve as trusted counsel to the Engineering Leadership community.
- As the Engineering practices continue to experience significant transformation and growth, own and drive processes and agendas, including follow-through and related communications, to enable successful leadership of the organization.
- Coordinate, prioritize/sequence, and communicate portfolio activities across the teams while anticipating and mitigating risks or challenges.
- Coordinate and facilitate leadership meetings (town halls, team meetings, executive updates, etc.), including planning, agenda, actions, and follow-up.
- Ensure preparation, agendas, and pre-work for Engineering & Product Management leadership meetings are understood and happening in a coordinated way so that meetings are highly productive and follow-up/accountability measures are in place.
- You will have accountability for overall goals and KPIs metrics tracking for the Park Commercial Platform Portfolio. This will include developing data and measurement standards, defining consistent measurement efforts that align with business outcomes, and working with leaders to communicate progress against OKRs (Objectives and Key Results).
- Act as a critical finance, HR, and Strategy partner to ensure key processes and initiatives are aligned and coordinated. This includes effective budget management and planning, risk management efforts, support for organizational changes and ambitions, and ensuring the Engineering team delivers accurate and timely inputs to the corporate planning process.
- Participate in financial planning activities, including Annual Capital Planning, Annual Operating Planning, Long Term Planning, and monthly forecasting.
- Lead all aspects of headcount management, consultant resource requests, and allocation and tracking of recruitment activities.
- Participate in crafting portfolio-specific reporting, including scorecards, roadmaps, and status updates.
- Lead prioritization efforts, identify bottlenecks and surface issues and proactively work toward their resolution.
- Prepare presentations and updates for internal audiences.
- Lead cross-functional critical initiatives, facilitate special projects, and ensure action items are implemented.
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and SVP regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning.
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and options for high-impact decisions required.
- Partner with the commerce communications team to support Cast development, recognition, and inclusion.
- Help to develop a creative brand for the organization to help elevate the “team” mentality, providing consistency within decks, documentation, and internal Cast communications.
Thorough knowledge of strategic planning, financials, and portfolio management standard methodologies. Strong understanding of Disney Park, products, and Experiences. The Manager will work in partnership with the following teams:
- Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Aulani, Disneyland Paris, & Commercial Business, Leaders
- Resource Management
- Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business and/or equivalent experience 5+ years in a business or management role
- Brings People Together: Champions a respectful, positive, transparent, and collaborative environment. Displays humility, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity. Is humble in approach and lives the company values. Can handle highly sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Solid Judgement & Instincts: Proven track record of making principled decisions under pressure and finding the “right” path, mainly when there are different/competing points of view. Identifies the broad impact of decisions and implications for people and teams internally and externally. Comfortable leading ambiguity and uncertainty. Confidence to navigate a vast array of information and partners.
- Communications Expertise: Great at storytelling, strategy, and execution across written, verbal and social mediums, internally and externally. Understands how to communicate at scale.
- Organization Skills: Builds partnerships, aligns complex groups, builds consensus and trust, and keeps the pulse of a large group. Outstanding cross-group organization skills and agility.
- Operations Expertise: Defining and running effective, efficient, and repeatable business processes. Desire to constantly improve and evolve systems through data, feedback, and iteration.
Disability accommodation for employment applications
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.