Manager, Workload Analytics and Planning (Disney Central contact center)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10037235 Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 13, 2023
This role supports the Disney Central contact center. The role is responsible for designing the Omni-channel workload forecast across Disney Central’s 21+ unique business unit portfolio consisting of over 2000+ Cast Members at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and other Disney entities. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing complete workload forecasting support to each operational area, including oversight of developing and maintaining workload forecast models, resourcing data, and developing new reporting platforms (including discovering and solving for gaps in current reporting). The role will develop, drive, and lead new forecasting and labor strategies to ensure the growth of the business and bottom line through recommended increases (or decreases) in headcount staffing, while maintaining financial goals. The role provides recommendations leaders and executives for each business unit around hiring and optimized labor staffing. The Manager assists with process improvement and more refined ways to collect, store, and visualize data. The Manager will lead the team’s workload to allocate ad-hoc analysis to react to immediate business needs, and provide insights into data to explain changes, anomalies, and trends critical to the success of Disney Central.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Agent Performance and Forecasting.
On any given day, you might:
- Develop and maintain forecasting models to predict future workload demands to help lead and optimize staffing.
- Explore automation opportunities across the Workforce Analytics and Labor Services teams.
- Maintain knowledge of forecasting methodologies and software to provide accurate workload forecasts.
- Remain current on Disney Central downstream impacts such as scheduling and time/pay processes throughout Disney Central and understand future operational business needs.
- Perform ad-hoc research and analysis to produce summarized reports based on current initiatives and inquiries.
- Collaborate across teams to build and drive internal and external partnerships to support collaborative opportunities, achievement of shared objectives, and connectivity of information.
- Provide regular forecast report outs and recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Use your knowledge of data analysis, reporting and formatting to prepare/present a cohesive story with a concise recommendation.
- Focus on continuous process improvement and increased efficiency through automation and conceptualizing new ways to work smarter, not harder.
- Manage a team of salaried and hourly Business Analysts and Statistical Associates.
You Will Have
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- 5+ years conducting analytical work with a forecasting emphasis, preferably with a focus on labor and staffing.
- 3+ years leading all aspects of a team or relevant experience.
- Lead a team of Forecasting Analysts to provide inspirational, motivational, and personal growth opportunities; encouraging an environment inclusive of all Cast Members and the talents they bring.
- Passionate about applying new process improvements and technology to improved ways of working.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and comfortable speaking with various levels of leadership, internal and external partners.
- Business savvy to understand the interdependence of each operational business coupled with guest behavior to drive workload across multiple interaction channels (phone, chat, messaging, email, in person sales and video).
- Experience with Excel, understanding multiple functions such as Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and Data Analysis.
- Experience with Tableau and other data visualization software.
- Understanding of statistical functions and experience with relational databases and data preparation.
- Knowledge / practical application of SQL and VBA.
- Basic knowledge and use of C#, Python, R, and/or Dataiku, other statistical computing packages
- Present quantitative analysis with qualitative insight into compelling and useful recommendations in a concise story.
- 2+ years Walt Disney World experience
- Experience using Tableau
- Experience using Teradata
- Experience using Business Objects
- Experience using SharePoint
- Experience using SAS
- Knowledge and understanding of the Walt Disney World Resort experiences, operations, and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Simulation Industrial Engineering, Statistics, CS, Economics, Finance), or equivalent professional experience
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is located in Orlando, FL.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.