Marketing Manager - PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 860810BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
The Marketing Manager is responsible for setting strategy for, and driving the execution of holistic trade and consumer marketing initiatives for their assigned imprints.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing
- Set marketing strategy for respective imprint and underlying franchises, series, and titles
- Deliver marketing strategies and campaigns that present a unified, consumer-centric view of the brand consistent across all consumer touchpoints
- Align internal teams including Comms, PR, Sales, and Retail Marketing to ensure that all trade and consumer facing strategies are seamlessly integrated
- Contribute to and amplify CPGP global marketing initiatives, providing a publishing perspective and ensuring priority product inclusion
- Serve as primary point of contact for key licensee partners to strategically align, amplify, and approve consumer campaigns
- Inspire and facilitate collaboration and sharing of initiatives from other regions and markets to drive efficiency
- Strategically define, allocate, and execute the publishing marketing budget, always optimizing for return on investment
- Set annual marketing priorities and goals in partnership with DPW executive teams
- Set strategy for owned (social, email, web) and paid (Amazon, social, third-party) messaging and manage internal and external teams to execute
- Align with TWDC lines of business (Disney+, Consumer Products, National Geographic Magazine, etc.) to deliver promotional synergies and marketing partnerships
- Set strategy for required research studies and partner with internal teams to execute
- Approve school and library campaign strategy and work with internal teams to execute
- Manage imprint event strategy, slate, and activation
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports supporting the Marketing Strategy team
- Trade marketing experience including a minimum of 3 years of eBook and social media experience
- Strong track record of developing marketing and brand strategies
- Strong ability to negotiate and sell big ideas; can influence multiple stakeholders and possesses business partnership skills needed in a highly complex/dynamic environment
- Ability to build strong relationships across the company
- Demonstrated understanding of technology and ability to identify related issues
- Passion for product and consumer trends
- Ability to think strategically/analytically with a strong creative mindset
- Exceptional communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.