Metalworker QC Inspector, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 995699BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jun. 09, 2022
The Metalworker QC Inspector is more than just a modern day superhero. They conduct routine inspections on rides and equipment to ensure the safety of our Guests and Cast Members. The Metalworker QC Inspector is expected to complete scheduled inspections by the end of shift and assist with repairs if necessary. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Perform NDT inspection of welds, ride structure, and ride vehicles
- Execute overhead rigging safety inspections
- Complete various mechanical inspections
- Perform rope access inspections
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience performing weld inspections or equivalent visual inspections
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience documented as a Level II NDT Certified Inspector in magnetic particle and liquid penetrant inspection
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, schematics, sketches, and verbal instruction
- Familiar with non-destructive test techniques and basic mechanical measurement equipment
- Ability to perform rope access work
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- SPRAT Rope Access Certification
- Familiarity with ultrasonic digital thickness measurement
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of AWS and ASME codes
- Mechanical inspection experience or ASQ Mechanical Inspector Certification.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Maintenance, CMC WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.