Mgr-TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 916352BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 23, 2022
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage world-class Web Development and Software Engineering teams that work on web sites and B2B solutions supporting Travel Trade eCommerce solutions for PCS Disney Parks and Resorts resorts, packages, tickets, and other products. The position is geared towards individuals who enjoy the technical challenge of building robust, high volume eCommerce solutions in a multi-billion dollar eCommerce enterprise.
Our travel trade partners interact with our B2B platforms and web sites across multiple devices and platforms from all over the world. Our mission is to provide a quality experience with a touch of Disney Magic.
Responsibilities:As a member of the Technology team, you will be defining the technology platform and roadmap for Travel Trade eCommerce applications. As a Technology Manager for that team, you will be responsible for leading the delivery and execution of projects for Travel Trade web sites and B2B APIs, sustaining existing technology solutions and on-boarding 3rd parties to Disney’s B2B APIs. Responsibilities include:
- Building and leading multiple development teams consisting of web developers, software engineers, software development engineers in test (SDETs) and product analysts. These teams will be a combination of onshore and offshore.
- Directly oversee, mentor, and develop the technical staff and supervise the technical delivery.
- Responsible for technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones, and overall product quality.
- Oversee on-boarding of 3rd party wholesalers and channel managers to Disney B2B APIs.
- Manage a variety of diverse - and sometimes conflicting – requests, priorities, and activities. Candidates will need management and communication skills to interact with people at all levels, within the technical teams and across the Walt Disney Company.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and staff
- Participate in the broader Disney Technology organizations, and ensure that products are created in a platform-centric manner.
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality and user experience.
- Ensure alignment between technology investments and business capability roadmaps.
- Ensure that the platform is metrics and performance driven.
- Adhere to TWDC Security and Compliance best practices.
- 5+ years of online development experience, at least 3+ years managing technical professionals.
- Knowledge of Agile software development lifecycles and methodologies.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, or equivalent degree/experience.
- Expertise in dynamic web site development technologies using Angular, PHP, Java, node.js, databases or equivalent technologies.
- Experience with the development and consumption of REST-ful Web Services.
- In depth knowledge of front-end web development, including the use of HTML, CSS, AJAX.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies (preferably AWS)
- Solid understanding of e-commerce architecture, connectivity technologies, web hosting, advanced network protocols, client-server technologies, applications development and multi-vendor environments.
- A sound understanding of content management systems.
- Experience in a large media, technology or Internet company.
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on time and on budget.
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Provide the overall vision and direction for web development, service development and platform architecture
- Develop and maintain department strategy and operational model
- Ensure alignment with other key technology functions such as strategy programs, product management, quality assurance, performance engineering, portfolio management, etc.
- Demonstrate superior critical thinking skills and experience in strategic planning and execution of technology architecture roadmaps
- Demonstrate ability to influence and lead efforts to provide overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining standards for portfolio and vendor management
- Demonstrate ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams, while effectively influencing senior management on key decisions and direction
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work in the development of solutions
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership that embraces diversity
- Demonstrate ability to connect and influence others in order to achieve organizational priorities
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a highly matrix organizational system where partnership and influence are key drivers of success
- Has shown a value for initiating change and acting with integrity when tough decisions have to be made
- Demonstrate ability to develop teams, mentor staff
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership in both business and technology roles
- Demonstrate exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills
- Proven results in delivering creative and innovative business and technology solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and group dynamics skills
- Demonstrated strong hands-on software technical work and expertise
- Demonstrated track record of functional innovation and execution excellence in high transaction, high availability and high complexity software ranging from digital software to enabling systems and systems of record.
- Demonstrated ability to develop geographically and otherwise diverse highly technical teams
- Strong understanding of software delivery lifecycle.
- Understanding of business intelligence and analytics
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.