Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 959817BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 01, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Job Summary:Job Description
- Lead and mentor world class multiple cross-functional delivery teams consisting of software engineers, web developers, application architects, testers, business analysts, and others. These teams will be a combination Cast and consultants in various locations (onshore and offshore)
- Responsible for technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones and overall product quality
- Resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Display technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations and sustainability of technical solutions
- Tightly integrate with key technology and functional partners and ensure that products are created in a platform-centric manner
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality and guest-centricity
- Ensure alignment between technology investments and business capability roadmaps
- Ensure that the platform is metrics and performance driven
- Provide the overall vision and direction for web development, mobile development and platform architecture
- Ensure alignment with other key technology functions such as strategy programs, business analysis, quality assurance, engineering excellence, portfolio management, etc
- Ensure multiple concurrent ongoing projects and team objectives are resourced effectively to accomplish goals.
- Meet with stakeholders, vendor partners and customers on a recurring basis to review team priorities, execution and pertinent business/delivery updates.
- Effectively manage project/solution timeline and financials including budget, cost, invoices and contracts.
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- 5+ years managing highly technical professionals.
- Experience with Java/J2EE architectures.
- Experience creating architecture designs that incorporate resiliency and performance.
- Experience managing an application delivery team utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with high-scale architectures, patterns, and technologies, specifically Java and Event-Driven Architecture.
- Experience in a large media, technology or internet company.
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget.
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Experience leading teams supporting enterprise-scale solutions from both business and technical perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for Executive Management.
- Proven experience managing software development lifecycle platforms and tools.
- Experience with the creation and consumption of SOAP and REST Web Services.
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network and code.
- Experience in a large scale environment.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field/work experience.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.