Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 964580BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 08, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
The Manager of Technology within the Reference Architecture team leads engineers to streamline delivery, improve quality and reduce costs of support for our applications. When we do our job correctly we make it easier to deliver high quality applications to our guest and casts members. A Manager is expected to lead projects, grow employees and drive change.
This is a management job but we are looking for someone who is an engineer at heart. Willingness to learn new technologies and help improve our organization is essential for success on this team.
- Track budgets of projects and ensure < 5% variance
- Meet with employees on a regular basis to ensure growth and proper training is occurring
- Manage medium and large capital projects end to end
- Manage issues/escalations within your team and across teams to ensure work continues to flow efficiently
- Establish and maintain development standards and prescriptions
- Being receptive to feedback and ways to improve are essential
- Ensure the solutions you develop are valuable and being leveraged by the organization
- Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are of high quality and clearly documented
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities backed with factual arguments.
- Be able to lead and work collaboratively a geographically diverse team in different time zones
- Have ownership over your project and provide appropriate status to leadership on progress and key decision.
- Provide thought leadership, problem solving and analytical skills to solve hard to solve production issues impeding the availability & performance of applications
- Lead and provide technical leadership to architects, leads and developers in geographically dispersed locations
- Experience with technology in multiple areas including but not limited to Build & Deploy, Application Delivery, Infrastructure, Cloud, Automation, Patching, Testing, Mobile
- Experience/Familiarity with some technologies used by our teams: BigFix, SCCM, JAMF, Angular.js, Node.js, Spring Framework, Docker, Ansible, Chef, OpenStack, Apache CXF, Restify, Express, AppDynamics, jMeter, Android, iOS, F5, HA Proxy, ESX, AWS/Azure Services, Distributed Storage
- Experience/Familiarity with storage, network and backup infrastructure managed by our teams: VFX/Creative/Pipeline, Tape Libraries, Ethernet, Fiber Channel, NetBackup software and sharing concepts such as SMB, NFS, SAN/NAS
- Experience with commercial software acquisition, licensing,, procurement, including contract terms and legal requirements
- Hands on and understanding of the code and coding practices
- Experience with architecting highly scalable and highly available systems and emerging technology trends
- Mentors development, operations and program team members on architecture topics (e.g., issues, directions, guidelines, principles, etc.)
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with product management, development and operations staff to architect innovative solutions that meet the functional and nonfunctional requirements in adherence to architectural goals and principles.
- Demonstrates expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience. Able to synthesize conclusions from research, compare various solutions and plot complex technology roadmaps
- Broad experience across business, application, information, infrastructure and security architecture domains. Broad experience across business analysis, product design, engineering, QA, operations and sustainment in a large corporation / enterprise environment.
- Technical experience in consumer and employee facing enterprise systems
- Required knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in SOA, Java/J2EE, XML, Websphere/Weblogic/Apache TomCat Application Server, Rules Engine, Oracle or DB2 programming methodologies
- Exposure to infrastructure and platform capabilities - container, middleware, messaging, routing components
- Exposure to cloud development and migration an added plus
- Desire and ability to adapt to an ever changing technology landscape by exploring new languages and techniques for software delivery.
- Passion for learning new things but tempering it with adding value to the company.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
Required EducationBachelors Degree
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.