Network Architect (Automation and Tooling)
Orlando, Florida, United States; Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777076BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 28, 2021
Job Summary:Job Summary
Global Telecom Strategy and Engineering (GTSE) is responsible for developing network strategies, architectures, designs, and standards across all core network infrastructure including global WAN/MAN, DNS/DHCP, data center networks, network security, remote access, Internet, voice, and physical network infrastructure. The group is also responsible for setting standards for configuration, hardware/software, service providers, and architectures.
We are growing our GTSE team with focus on Infrastructure as a Service, the automation of configuration, management, testing, deployment, and operation of physical and virtual devices.
We are looking for talented, highly motivated engineers with a passion and know-how for software defined enterprise-level networks, creating scripts and software modules for Infrastructure as a Service. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of tools supporting automated network deployments and maintenance. This role will assist on the development of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to maximize the efficiency and functionality of our network.
Responsibilities:We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer with familiarity automating large enterprise networks, who is highly motivated, team oriented, and well-versed in network automation technologies and methods. The successful candidate will be a major contributor to the Network Services and Enterprise Infrastructure Services team as we build our automation framework, streamline and automate the majority of our processes, and define/operate a sustainable automation infrastructure. The position requirements are as follows:
- Network Architect with a focus on software development for automation and tooling
- Develops and implements an automation framework and leads the development of various automation tools
- Develops, implements, and enforces service and technology standards via automation across the network footprint
- Collaborates with other Network Architects to drive automation service improvements throughout the enterprise and business networks
- Develops, implements, and optimizes network automation solution designs of the highest level of complexity
- Partners with business units to maintain and deliver optimal services and advocate advances in the network
- Serves as a Tier-4 escalation for Network Engineers and Administrators
- Briefs and informs leadership on advancements and developments within the network
- Leads, mentors, and develops other network and automation engineers
- Has deep knowledge and capability in multiple areas of network services including Cloud, WAN, security, automation and tooling, modeling, and process control
- Effectively partners with vendors to understand their approach to new solutions, architectural standards, and frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desired Skills
- Understanding of switched and routed network infrastructures including relevant protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.1d, 802.1x, 802.11i).
- Experience with centralized network performance monitoring and management tools
- Experience working in and with Agile / Scrum work processes
- STEM degree is a must, BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Engineering or equivalent telecommunications experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.