O&O Merchandising ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 864745BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
Drives a multichannel product strategy, quarterly product brief, line architecture and assortment curation for the owned and operated global portfolio spanning multiple categories across all brands to unlock short-term and long-term growth while delivering innovation, increased value and new businesses to the organization.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing. We will be considering talent from within this pool to fill multiple levels (e.g. Assistant, Associate, Manager, and Senior Manager).
- Establish the merchandising strategy and assortment curation for multiple categories, enabling one global line for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Signature Experiences, The Disney Store, ShopDisney.com & global Parks/Disney store leveraging & integration
- Lead category line curation that supports a segmented go-to-market approach from Flagship to Outlet globally
Lead the curation of seasonal big bets globally; partner cross-functionally to align and activate
Build and curate multi-category consumer-centric, global assortments that support strategic intent of the brand and drive outsized growth at retail for each region / site
Drive partnership with site & regional buying to build and implement new initiatives to drive increased value and capture and to identify new areas of growth to unlock white space opportunities
Drive partnership with site planning leadership teams on global category plans to ensure correct item depth and investment to support highest sell-thru
Act as the translator for multi-category vision between multiple site/regional buying, brand merchandising and commercial teams ensuring that GPC delivers the proper mix of service for today while building for the future
Define seasonal product flow strategy that supports company content calendar including; film, TV, synergy, attractions, entertainment, anniversaries, historical needs, and addresses regional holiday/seasonal selling patterns
Develop and deliver cohesive seasonal product brief to Brand team that ensures O&O needs are addressed across brands, franchisees and categories while maximizing item productivity, and capitalizing on key successes across multiple regions / sites
Analyze Global business performance and develop strategies and growth objectives that are aligned with Disney Store & Park needs. Use analytics in the formulation of the product brief
Develop effective partnerships across TWDC and in particular with the global merchant, buying and planning teams for each region of Parks & Disney stores on points of exclusivity including assortment opportunities, launch timing, and target guests
Own and drive the P&L for your categories, work with planning to set annual plans and manage the in season trend to maximize results and adjust based on trends
Lead teams to react to in-season performance/trends and hindsight performance and learnings to inform future seasons
Be the expert on the competitive environment - actively participate in market shopping and stay abreast of macro, micro, and consumer/fashion trends
Drive the best expression of our brands through unique Park and Attraction based retailing
Build product strategies for categories that are designed for a fully immersive space through well-executed activations that maximize capture within the attraction while building equity and desire for future interaction with products in our unique specialty retail environment.
Partner with WDI and merchant teams for each brand to ensure the products we build continue to story tell and complete the experience for our valuable Parks guests
Attract and convert new consumers though the creation of product strategies designed for the Parks retail space globally. Leverage synergy between Parks
Develop category level global merchandising strategic landscape ensuring quarterly / annual growth targets are achieved
Partner with Senior Merchant Commercial and Marketing on PR and influencer plans globally
Develop high performing teams and bench to support organizational growth needs
- Multiple years of progressive experience in Product Merchandising in an omni-channel company
- Experience in building or curating a global product line for a category/categories of business that is both globally leveraged and locally relevant
- Experience in Merchandising for vertical specialty retail environment
- Experience in multiple segments, brands and channels within the global market
- Demonstrated ability to identify and capitalize on market trends and consumer zeitgeist to maximize value creation throughout the trend cycle
- Demonstrated ability to create, leverage and scale innovation
- Demonstrated ability to manage revenue creation while maintaining brand integrity
- Strong working knowledge of the omni-channel marketplace globally
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive execution against a financial plan
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence a diverse audience including external partners and business owners to bring product and assortments to the market
- Successful experience working, and thriving, in a highly matrixed company structure
- Leadership and talent development abilities and a collaborative and effective management style
- Ability to think creatively and disruptively to infuse new ideas into product development
- Ability to manage the organizational and cultural change
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising, business, retail management or related fields or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits. CPGPJobs
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.